• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Help..(Toast of the Day)

Frankonopolous

Inactive
Reaction score
Sooo, tonight is my units junior ranks dinner, and out of no-where the organizer kinda dropped a bomb on me saying that I am going to be the one who is saying the toast of the day; since im the baby of the unit  :facepalm:  Anyway, I googled it since honestly I have no clue what it is, and I was given:

Current toast : OUR FAMILIES

and,

Traditional toast WIVES AND SWEETHEARTS

Now my conflict is that I have no clue which one to say, whether its the current or traditional one, would anybody be able to help me?
...my unit wasn't as helpful in the matter as I thought they would be.  I really don't want to look like a dumbass infront of my fellow sailors.

Usually you will do both, ideally in the form of an amusing anecdote.

Our Families is the current and official Naval Toast of the Day, so I recommend that you finish with that for the actual toasting part.

It has become accepted practice, it would seem, to somehow work the old toast of the day into to preamble in the form of a witty and somewhat historically relevant anecdote.

Google is your friend.  Keep the anecdote (somewhat) clean.  I would also avoid drinking until after you give the toast, if I know your boss (and I do...).  Good luck!

turretmonster said:
To WIVES AND SWEETHEARTS, may they never meet!

Or, for the "awww shucks" version, "may the latter become the former, and the former ever remain the latter." 

Brownie points right there.  :nod:

Back