• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HMCS Goose Bay commanding officer relieved of duty over 'inappropriate comments'

Chief Stoker said:
Apparently it was a comment and wasn't an OPERATION HONOR incident.

Just to be clear, a comment can be an "OPERATION HONOUR" incident...

Half Full said:
Just to be clear, a comment can be an "OPERATION HONOUR" incident...

Yes I know and this comment was not.

Chief Stoker said:
I will guarantee you that all ships in the fleet has the occasional problem with alcohol not just MCDV's. That being said I personally know Rob Tucker, as my OPS O, XO and worked for him at Sea Training Atlantic. I am very surprised that this happened as he was known as someone who ran a good unit. I know according to the Global news it was at a cocktail party on their Great lakes Deployment, and that their XO is the one who reported it. Apparently it was a comment and wasn't an OPERATION HONOR incident.

Extremely disapointed

As you'll note, the comment you quoted has a negative points as another member thought I was being a troll and continuing the stereotyping of NavRes.

I'll repeat more or less my PM to this person. 

"I didn't single out which side of the coin the person came from (REG/RES), just the platform as both sail on them now.  I assured them that I will be as quick to point out a heavy, should they have a alcohol related incident too."

I agree, shit happens on all classes from time to time.  I was one of the investigating MP for a serious incident and alcohol related too, on a heavy back in the 90s when we accompanied the fleet on Caribb Ops.

Eye In The Sky said:
And, IMO, its clear the media is willing to publish anything negative WRT the CAF.

Willing and eager, it seems.

Somewhat tangential:

My wife is an perioperative nurse. The stories she tells me about her days at work make my blood boil, but not because of the actual content of her stories, but how it compares to the way the military is treated when you hear stories about our days.

She'll tell me about how in the middle of surgery the whole surgical team will be making lewd jokes (not constantly, but at opportune moments, like "That's she said!" moments. Doctors and nurses will flirt with each other. She's worked at several different hospitals, and there always seems to be at least one surgeon who's a real touchy-feely guy; and no one seems to give a shit.

Now, I don't think this behaviour is ok, but it just seems unfair that they have such a laissez-faire attitude toward interpersonal behaviour and get zero media attention, and in the CAF if a person sneezes and it sounds like a racial slur the whole world blows their lids.

Only on July 1st, and if you're holding a Red Ensign.... and maybe wearing a golf shirt

Back