• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Home Invasion Gone Bad

Sh0rtbUs

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
This doesnt pertain to the Military whatsoever, but I found it interesting. If any of you were wondering what my neighborhood looks like, (more specifically, what my neighbors house got into this morning) this is for you. We woke up this morning at around 5:30ish to find our street cordoned off, with ETF and police swarming. there was some panic at one point, because the suspect apparently fled through a house, and if he had of crossed the ravine (which it looks like he was aiming at), he would have ended up hopping my backyard fence. I never managed to hear the gunshots mind you...

1 dead, 1 held after home invasion
Apr. 13, 2006. 12:46 PM
JIM WILKES
STAFF REPORTER

York Regional police shot one man dead and wounded a second after two bandits forced their way into a fashionable Thornhill home early today.
The dead man lay slumped in the passenger seat of a white pickup truck that came to rest on the lawn of a home across the street on Steele Valley Rd., in the Bayview and Steeles Ave. area of Markham.

The white pickup is leased by the company of the man who was one of the victims of the home invasion.

The wounded suspect fled on foot and was apprehended shortly after 8 a.m. on the rooftop of a home on Robinter Dr.

Police say the suspect kicked in the front door of the home, where three young people between the ages of 8 and 14 were home alone, ran to the second floor and broke a window leading out to the flat roof. Police were alerted by a 911 call from one of the young people in the house.

Back at the scene of the original home invasion, neighbours said they heard the sound of gunshots at about 5:30 a.m.

"It sounded like thunder," said John McMillan, who has lived in the neighbourhood for 40 years, directly across from the home invasion scene.

Insp. Tom Carrique said two adults and their teenage son were in the home at the time of the robbery.

The adults were being treated in hospital for minor injuries. Their son was being interviewed by police at a nearby police division.

The province's Special Investigations Unit, which probes the circumstances when police are involved in fatalities, has taken over the investigation.

Video -  http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20060413-001/Video-5-2.asx

(as you can see, its a nice area to go running)  ;D

Yes... it made getting to work a little more difficult this morning.

psh

This was work this morning...

we got the 2nd guy through our emerg...

Hope you dug extra hard for the foreign object,............ before anesthesia.

Imagine what could have been accomplished had this happened in the country, and the kids had known how to use the available 12 guage?

OHIP bills for the perp...............nil, court costs for the perp............nil, appeals for the perp ........nil, tax costs for the perp.......nil, grave for the perp...........family's problem.

Cost of prosecuting the victims..............no where near the peace of mind the community has, knowing that a peice of shit is dead.

Doesn't seem to matter these days where your neighbourhood is anymore, these BLANK BLANK BLANKS seem to turn up anywhere! :rage:

Back