• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

hostility to CT

Shamrock said:
Sure that wasn't DEO or ROTP?

It was a component transfer. I read his offer myself. Now, he does already have a degree in something or other. But it was still a very quick process.

Good to know there is some hope.

I asked for a CT a few weeks as a traffic tech, a trade that is in demand.  The next 3s course is end of October to December. Any chance I could be on it in the next 6 months?

Brihard said:
It was a component transfer. I read his offer myself. Now, he does already have a degree in something or other. But it was still a very quick process.

Is officer generation typically faster? Is it all done through the same means?

Now I'm stepping out of my rhelm here, but CTs for ROTp and Pilot often take the priority because they have nofail deadlines (RMC must be full every year, no if ands or butts). After that it works on deadlines.  When I was dealing with them 6 months ago, they had 5 brokers and were going down to 2 or something crazy like that.

There are many factors including, but not limited to

You rank (easier to get a PTE/CPL an Infmn spot than a Sgt)
Same trade to same trade (no course to load on)
Amount of time your PLAR Will take (if you are missing a reg force pirtion of a qual it has to get approved etc)
Strength of trade your going into
Priority trades

Many more factors I was never privy to, but they did tell me at one point, they had 5 people working on 4500 CTs.  They are all great there and if your not getting a reply to an question, its cause there busy writing contracts.  Its impossible, with so many factors, to give a timeline, but I have seen same trade CTs take 2-24 months and Cts different trades take 2-24 months.

And my spellcheck is not working.  Sorry.

Proud_Canadian said:
Now I'm stepping out of my rhelm here, but CTs for ROTp and Pilot often take the priority because they have nofail deadlines .......

From experience; one of our M/Cpl's just got his CT to Pilot.  It only took him 3 to 4 years to do so.

1). Apply online using DWAN
2). Receive confirmation email from D Mil C that they got your request (auto generated)
3). You wait
4). You might get an email saying your trade(s) are closed
Or
You are required to update your Express test or Medical.
5). You wait
6). You get an email from D Mil C telling you your local CFRC will be contacting you and some instructions directed to your Chief Clerk telling them to send stuff from your Pers file to the CFRC.  Or if you were already MOSID qualified you get the yes/no email.
7). Get a call to book an interview and maybe CFAT and or TSD exam.
8). You make your appointments and the results are sent to D Mil C.
9). You get the yes/no email.

At around step 6 is when you find out if you really have a CT to process. At that point your unit is informed only because they need to provide info from your Pers file.  They have NO AUTHORITY to block, deny or even pause to ponder your CT.  I have helped many members through this problem and have taken those issues strait to D Mil C.  They are a heavy puncher and have pull in these situations.  Even if a member is undergoing disciplinary action, an email should be sent to D Mil C by the recruiting centre for them to determine if processing continues.  (Seen it go both ways)

Slight correction: your unit's Chief Clerk gets the same "Cpl Bloggins has applied for a CT to the Reg Force" email as Bloggins does. There's no possibility of hiding a CT until step 6 since the chain has been made aware of it in step 2 (unless the Chief Clerk doesn't pass that information down the chain).

Back