• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Houthi Red Sea Blockade

I count about 20 ships at or waiting off of Hodeidah and Saleef. Maybe it's time to blockade any fuel or non-foodstuffs going into those port?

Seems Yemenis don't like Jews that don't know their place.

Looks like the Germans are having issues with their AA missile stocks and possible APAR radar related issues.

Lots of reports this morning that MV True Confidence, Barbados flagged and US owned, has taken a solid missile hit with several critical injuries, other crew missing, and the ship on fire. I saw reference to it being a grain freighter.

Still developing, but initial reporting sounds like both a human and a potential hull kill.

Ike’s gonna be busy.

Just FWIW, it may not be US owned. I’ve now seen mixed accounts on that.

I would love to be a fly on the wall inside the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, just to see who's recommended sinking this thing by now:

If only there were a deniable option available through a covert 3rd party ... ;)

by The Expendables GIF Set

Credible imagery is now available of the MV Rubymar, the ship the Houthis hulled the other day. She’s very low at the stern, but still above water. Still a solid hit that likely would have taken any naval vessel out of the fight for the foreseeable future.

Just an update on this one, and now she's officially sunk;

Sinking of Motor Vessel Rubymar Risks Environmental Damage

I've seen a few articles that talk about the enviro impact, but this is the one I could conveniently find; the BLUF is the fuel will impact fishing as well as potentially the giant ROD plants the Saudis use to make water that has intakes from the Red Sea. The fertilizer is also going to likely cause an algae bloom that will do things like kill the fish, mess up the corral reefs and otherwise screw up the whole ecosystem, as the water seems to recirculate a lot in the Red Sea.

Country most impacted by the damage to fish stocks; Yemen.

Sinking of Rubymar in Red Sea poses grave environmental risks, experts warn

This particular spill seems like it will be a nightmare, and it's not like anyone is able to get in to try and do a clean up or salvage.

That's going to make a lot of people in Toronto happy.
I'm sure all the people that rely on fishing for their livelihood in the coastal communities in Yemen will be okay starving knowing 1st world wank stains in Tdot are happy.

Apparently before the war there were 50k fishers and 500k people total employed in the fishing industry in Yemen and was their second biggest export after oil, so pretty significant impact.

I would love to be a fly on the wall inside the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, just to see who's recommended sinking this thing by now:

Here is my suggestion:

Blow the fucking ship out of the water.

Back