• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How is the navy life? Do you travel around the world a lot?

Please share some stories about navy life

Not wrong.

And here I thought they sailed the Caribbean looking for pirates - or maybe become pirates themselves...

Arrrrrr matey hoist the Jolly Roger and break out the rum.....

Oh I'm helping

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Best part of the Navy is Landing gash. Extra points for volunteering to do wet gash!!

Best part of the Navy is Landing gash. Extra points for volunteering to do wet gash!!
Ugh, I can still smell the rotting lobster juice... whoever at IMO that decided fish can't eat food waste should be made to land two week old wet gash somewhere hot.

Was pretty hilarious with the C&POs and Wardroom landing gash in Norfolk talking to the gate security guys (the dumpster was at the end of the jetty a bit outside their post) letting them know we were coming through and them being shocked I was doing it as a HOD, then having the XO and CO come up after me, with the Coxn somewhere close behind. There was lots of muttering about them wishing their officers/NCOs did the same. Just made sense as it got us out a lot faster to secure, as the rest of the crew was doing cleaning stations/shutdown maintenance. Still, the smell on some of them was pretty gnarly.

Ugh, I can still smell the rotting lobster juice... whoever at IMO that decided fish can't eat food waste should be made to land two week old wet gash somewhere hot.

Was pretty hilarious with the C&POs and Wardroom landing gash in Norfolk talking to the gate security guys (the dumpster was at the end of the jetty a bit outside their post) letting them know we were coming through and them being shocked I was doing it as a HOD, then having the XO and CO come up after me, with the Coxn somewhere close behind. There was lots of muttering about them wishing their officers/NCOs did the same. Just made sense as it got us out a lot faster to secure, as the rest of the crew was doing cleaning stations/shutdown maintenance. Still, the smell on some of them was pretty gnarly.
On my last Ship it was customary for C&POs and Officers to land gash and Jrs to store ship. That's usually how we did it when we came alongside.

On my last Ship it was customary for C&POs and Officers to land gash and Jrs to store ship. That's usually how we did it when we came alongside.
I think that's pretty much the SOP now, which is good I think. May as well divide and conquer, and it's nice for everyone to get their hands dirty once in a while to remind them things don't just happen.

Back