• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How is the navy life? Do you travel around the world a lot?

I think that's pretty much the SOP now, which is good I think. May as well divide and conquer, and it's nice for everyone to get their hands dirty once in a while to remind them things don't just happen.
Huh. Is this "200 years of tradition..." changing?

Drake Reaction GIF by DJ Khaled

Okay, so for a landlubber, wet gash is what exactly? Food waste? And having first off the boat handle it for ease of landing makes sense, as well as having seniors do a crap job that saves everyone time and unpleasantness at the cost of much unpleasantness for some....

Okay, so for a landlubber, wet gash is what exactly? Food waste? And having first off the boat handle it for ease of landing makes sense, as well as having seniors do a crap job that saves everyone time and unpleasantness at the cost of much unpleasantness for some....
Gash is garbage/refuse, "Wet" Gash is food waste, some of which has been sitting in the sun on the deck in the heat for days. It smells real good 🤣

Gash is garbage/refuse, "Wet" Gash is food waste, some of which has been sitting in the sun on the deck in the heat for days. It smells real good 🤣
It used to be better when we dumped food waste at sea and fed the fish.

I have no idea why that is environmentally unfriendly…

Meanwhile lobsters off Halifax still feed off raw sewage that's only been screened. 🤷‍♂️
Mutated lobsters. There was one in a lobster shop - New Bedford? - near Halifax and it was in its own tank. IIRC it weighed over 100 pounds and estimated to be 130 years old in 1984.

It was actually an update to the IMO rules; you can still do it 12 miles out (or within 3 miles if it's ground up and you aren't in a special area).

Meanwhile lobsters off Halifax still feed off raw sewage that's only been screened. 🤷‍♂️

https://wwwcdn.imo.org/localresources/en/OurWork/Environment/Documents/Simplified overview of the discharge provisions of the revised MARPOL Annex V.pdf
Sounds a bit like the salmon and some of the halibut you get off Ogden Point in Victoria near the outlet there...

Back