• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

how long does the paperwork take??

vercingetorix

Inactive
Reaction score
So I've been waiting for a month now for the phone call from the local recruiting centre to set up a day for the various tests.  I've applied to the Seaforth Highlanders and would like to try to get in in time for summer training, is there any way to speed this up without pissing people off??

-Vercingetorix

Telephone them and ask the status of your file. So long as you are polite and don't pester them more than once a week you are not going to piss them off. You have to keep on top of the status of your file, it shows you are interested and it also prevents it from being overlooked.

My advice is to get a main contact point. So go to the recruiting center and talk to people there. If you talk to a recruiter who is there full time, is friendly, and appears to like being there then ask for their card. Contact that person when you want to know something and things will move smoother. Some recruiting centers will assign you a 'File Manager' after you write your CFAT and you use your File Manager as your contact point.

If you have not done so already, read through the FAQ section here. There is lots of valuable information about the recruiting process in there.

Back