• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How Long?

Ninja9186

Inactive
Reaction score
Ive heard some stories about guys taking up to 2 years waiting for "The Call"l even after completing all of their testing. Can anybody tell me how long they have waited before getting it.

Going on 10 1/2 months now, no sign of a call.

Friend waited 1 year and 3 months.

Steve said:
Going on 10 1/2 months now, no sign of a call.

Friend waited 1 year and 3 months.

Steve,

PM me your name and CFRC again please. Cheers.

Ninja9186 said:
Ive heard some stories about guys taking up to 2 years waiting for "The Call"l even after completing all of their testing. Can anybody tell me how long they have waited before getting it.

the call for BMQ? or the call for getting accepted in the army?

MysticLies said:
the call for BMQ? or the call for getting accepted in the army?

sry guys i should have been more specific. I meant the call for getting accepted.

it's going to take a while, so if you have no patience don't apply.

Ninja9186 said:
sry guys i should have been more specific. I meant the call for getting accepted.

If that is the case I think you may need to call your local branch(Land...navy.....air....) office to see what's happining. Because yesterday I handed in my last thing(my Pt results), and about 5 hours later I got a call from the navy saying that I was excepted and had to be there today dressed nicely for some ceremony.

MysticLies said:
If that is the case I think you may need to call your local branch(Land...navy.....air....) office to see what's happining. Because yesterday I handed in my last thing(my Pt results), and about 5 hours later I got a call from the navy saying that I was excepted and had to be there today dressed nicely for some ceremony.

Mystic have you had the interview? How do you mean you handed in your PT results? When I did the PT there was a guy there who put me through the tests and I wasn't given the results until I got a call from the Recruiting centre. But then you said they said to bring a camera, etc so I think you must be getting sworn in?

I did my medical on Wednesday last week. then did my PT last Friday. yesterday(Monday) I handed in my PT results. and the same day about 5 hours later I got a call not from the army recruitment center but from my Navy recurting branch. the navy recruiter said I made it, and should come tomorrow well dressed, with my banking info. He said you can also bring family and friends with you along with a camera. PT is the physical right? (just to make sure) :)

Dan: yes I am applying for the navy reserves.

That is so fast! Way to go! My medical files were sent to Borden May 2nd and I"m still waiting for the unit to call me. They are in touch with the recruiting centre and I'm just waiting to hear back from the unit (navy res). Maybe I'll see you in Borden!

I suspect its because my city is very small, and has a small recruiting rate. either that or I am just lucky:) . Still have to wait till I get my call for BMQ though. :-\

MysticLies said:
I suspect its because my city is very small, and has a small recruiting rate. either that or I am just lucky:) . Still have to wait till I get my call for BMQ though. :-\

I just spoke with the recruiter at my unit, she says that she is checking into that canforgen to see if it applies. She'll get back to me as soon as she knows. *fingers crossed*

NavComm said:
I just spoke with the recruiter at my unit, she says that she is checking into that canforgen to see if it applies. She'll get back to me as soon as she knows. *fingers crossed*

There is already a process in place for the reserves.  The latest CANFORGEN was directing that the policy will now apply to the Reg F.

If you applying for the reserves and they are waiting for your medical to come back from Borden then the Med Tech did not recommend you as good to go and wants the Recruiting Med O in Borden to either okay you or find you unfit.

The reserve policy is that if the CFRC/D Med Tech recommends you as medically fit then you can do your PT and be enrolled into the reserves.  If you are subsequently found to be unfit then you will be released from the reserves.

I wish people wouldn't unilaterally post CANFORGENs without making sure that they apply to the current thread and are relevant.  It just confuses the unwashed. ;D

Ninja9186 said:
about 4 months, all depends on the trade you pick, and if your medical files go through with no problems, I was fairly lucky with my process.

dude it's so freakin long

i've been waiting for1 month, a week and a day but no signs

i keep bugging them as much as i can calling everyweek but no news not even a "yeah it's coming back from borden" or a "no,we didn't lose your file'

that's pissing but hey greatest job in the world from the greatest army in this contry ;D

cheer canada :cdn:

You aren't going to get any sympathy from me, that's for sure.

It's a freakin month, quit crying it's nothing.

i believe it takes longer for former CF members to get back in.... why that is is beyond me.. ???

Back