• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How many infantry does the CF have at it's disposal

Michael O`Leary said:
There is approximately a large bunch of infantry in Afghanistan.  More would be nice.  A more detailed answer isn't necessary, as a variety of tasks are being filled by infantry soldiers. A total number might be misleading depending on your intent, and any more detailed breakdown would not be appropriate to post here for security reasons.

If your interest in joining the infantry is based primarily on your chances of getting to Afghanistan, please review this post.

Cheers. That's part of the reason I'd like to join, to experience a combat tour to Afghanistan. Though mainly I was wondering how many of the 2,500 CF personell are Infantry, is because I know 2,500 is every MOS they have there and not just Infantry, and from reading the number of our troops wounded/killed over there (and mostly being ground forces) I was trying to see just how many are injured out of the number of Infantry there.  No biggie

Coldplay:

As a general, rule in combat there are two things you can never have enough of: Infantry and ammunition.

However the Infantry can never have enough ammunition.  So, even if you somehow ended up with enough Infantry, you would still never have enough ammunition.

Confused yet?

Sheep-Nog said:
Coldplay:

As a general, rule in combat there are two things you can never have enough of: Infantry and ammunition.

However the Infantry can never have enough ammunition.  So, even if you somehow ended up with enough Infantry, you would still never have enough ammunition.

Confused yet?

Very.  ;)

Sheep-Nog said:
Coldplay:

Confused yet?
When you need em....
There are never enough Sappers to do all the work

geo said:
When you need em....
There are never enough Sappers to do all the work

All and all you can use the adage where applicable in the CF...

well.... when all is peaceful - time to cash in that peace dividend....
when the $hit hits the fan - money is no object AND there is never enough military to go round.....

Too true!

They have a Task Force breakdown online, here is the website if your interested, its for TF 3-09: http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lfwa/tf309/backgrounder.asp

canadian_moose said:
They have a Task Force breakdown online, here is the website if your interested, its for TF 3-09: http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lfwa/tf309/backgrounder.asp

specifically to people who are seeking this info and haven't even been enrolled:

Individual results may vary.
Your experience may differ.
Data provided for reference only.

The TF orbat of 2011 could be significantly different from the TF Orbat of 3-09. I know 1-08 was different from what was posted on the LFWA site (for 3-09). 2012 is anybodies guess at this point.
Missions evolve, surge, shrink, change, or end.

Back