• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How many push-up do you have to do?

Hows about I just drink a lot of beer to work on a pot belly?

I think a more relevent question would be

How many klicks can you ruck with 110lbs

or

How many days can you go with 2 hours of sleep

or

How many times in a row can you eat that fricken veal and lemon sauce IMP....

Good to know I am not the only 6ft+ (6‘4 exactly) who has a hard time with the pushups. I like the idea of short people having to do the pushups with other short people on their backs.

remember that both push ups and chin ups get harder the heavier you get. Muscle weighs significantly more than fat. If you go onto any weight training programs, focus on the chin ups and push ups in multiple hand grips. I have been training the last year for course, have put on 20 pounds (to a staggering 5‘11‘ 194 pounds) from regular weight training, under the impression that i was getting stronger. Sadly, I can only squeek out 8 full chin ups from a dead hang for 3 sets. Considering how much fitness stuff I have been doing, I was hoping for more than that. Maybe I am just slowing down in my old age (34)

I think there is a difference between strength (i.e bulk) and the number of reps (i.e. endurance) when you weight train.

Try doing a lower weight, and more reps to increase your endurance and see if that helps you out.

I‘m 16, 6‘ and 150 pounds and I work out evry other day in my room I only have a bench press and I lift 150 and if I had some one they I can life about 180 to 200. I do curls and push up and use bar balls to work out chest ex.... I started walking home about a week ago it is about 10 Km and I run some of it. I have problems with my wrist it cracks and hurts some time when I lift a lot of wight. If anyone has any pointers of what I can do to help this and help me get fit please post back!

:evil: :cdn: :evil:

Chris Schell

You should probably change your name to Mr. Fitness. Hehehehehe.

The best thing to do is to go see your doctor and make sure your don‘t have a structural or ligament or tendon problem with your wrist. Assuming theres no problem, and I doubt there is, think about this.

Your 16 and growing rapidly. The tendons and ligaments in your hand and the tendons in your forearm and wrist are developing too. Cracking noises and pain will not be uncommon since your performing alot of exercises with heavy weight that utilize the arm and the wrist. You may have to learn how not to over-do it.

I‘d recommend a more well rounded set of weight exercises. Not just to exercise other areas but to give time for resting other muscle groups. One day do chest, shoulder and abs, another day do upper and lower back and triceps, another day do legs, biceps, and forearms. Then cycle back. The web site at www.musclenow.com is good. Unfortunately you have to pay for the information, but its really good info once you get it.

More importantly I‘d suggest warming up and training the forearms before doing exercises.
Do a couple of sets of:
palm up forearm curls, palm down forearm curls, and palms facing eacthother curls. Use light weights so you can do about 10- 20 reps per set for 3 or 4 sets. Its just a warm up.

I‘d do the same every third training day with more weight or more reps to train the forearms
more vigorously.

I use two dumbbells at 15 bls each for at least 10 reps per set and exercise the forearms. I just lie the forearm on my thigh and use a dumbbell per hand at the same time. You can use a barbell but the dumbbell gives each hand its own focus.

I speculate that the reason your wrist hurts is because the tendons in the wrist and forearm are overworked and painful. You‘ve overworked the wrist.

I suggest for about two weeks, lay off heavy bicep curls and the bench press or any exercise that puts alot stress on the wrist. This will take the stress of the wrists. Do the forearm curl exercises as noted above. This will work the overstessed tendons and help them heal. Use light weights. Keep this up until the pain goes away.

When the pain goes away, make sure to warm up the wrists before doing heavy exercises. Migrate back to heavier weights slowly. If the pain comes back, keep exercising the forearms but train with lighter weights for awhile. Cycle the weeks with heavy and lights weights to give the wrist time to heal.

Until your 18 or 20, the wrist/forearm strength may lag relative to the rest of your body. Keep them in good shape.

Good luck. :)

I had something of a similar problem with my wrsit. Got an X-ray, but nothing was wrong. They gave me an NSAID drug to take for 10 days (Vioxx was the brand), which cleared up the joint pain within 24 hours.

After I went off the drug, I went back to my normal routine. After a couple of days, my wrist hurt again slightly, but I taped it and iced it. Haven‘t had any further troubles.

As Bart said, it probabl is just a joint or tendon thing.. it will go away. If the pain is excruciating, my suggestion (remember, I am NOT a pharmacist) would be to take a joint pain reliever, like something specifically for Arthritis pain.

But (and a BIG EXCLAIMER HERE) Do not do so without advisement from your doctor or health care provider. It worked for me, but it may not for you...

I had a similar wrist cracking sound and my doctor said it was normal just as your knuckles and other joints cracking. You might want to try wearing some hand wraps if you lift heavier weights, they make some for weightlifting and boxing wraps give a lot of support as well.

I had a similar wrist cracking sound and my doctor said it was normal just as your knuckles and other joints cracking. You might want to try wearing some hand wraps if you lift heavier weights, they make some for weightlifting and boxing wraps give a lot of support as well.

try spraying some WD-40 on your wrist, I hear it works :)

My grandpa told me a story that he sprayed it on his knees cause they were bad, Said it worked like a charm..

I thought he was BSin me.. But I asked around and he wasnt..

Back