• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How not to make an impression in applying for RMC/ROTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceRealm

Inactive
Reaction score
Feel free to lock it afterwards. I'm in a bit of a hurry so i haven't had much time to search for it, sorry. Anyway, same as title asks.

Unless things have changed in the 3 years since I applied, you apply to a Faculty for your first year. On the whole, first year arts students are grouped together in the same classes regardless of major, and the same is done for first year science and engineering students.

So, to answer your question, 3.

Better yet would be to inquire with a military career counselor at your recruiting centre. If they don't know/can help you, ask to speak with a Red & White Club representative.

Every fibre of my being is screaming for me to say "I'm in a bit of a hurry, or I'd have answered your question, I'm sorry".

Oops, I guess I said it.  Inside voice, inside voice, dammit...  ;D

This year, on my application, you put down your top three choices of degrees that you would like to study at RMC. So I suppose it depends what you mean by program. But you write down your three choices for degrees, all of which can be in one, or more, faculties. From what I know, RMC does not work like other schools (namely U of T), where you can apply for as many programs as you like, and each program considers you independently. Last year at U of T, I was accepted into mechanical engineering, but declined for engineering science. RMC admits the students first, and then places them in the program depending on their preference (from what I know). You don't apply to a "program" at RMC, you apply to the school as a whole.

I really would appreciate assistance. If you're going to tell me to search the forums for the answer don't even bother replying to this please.  Anyway, to make things short...

I'm in Grade Ten right now and my mind is set to becoming either an Infantry or a MARS officer. How may I increase my chances ? Good grades are obvious, but will I need anything specific... such as a letter of Recommendation from a Politician ? I've read that the approval of a Senator is needed in the United States Academies, so i'm guessing it applies for Canadians ?

Sigh. You think by now people would be smart enough to sticky questions of such importance.

Youd think that someone who wants to be "admissioned" into RMC as an Infantry /MARS/ Pilot would be smart enough to follow the advice to search for answers to their questions given the first few times.

Once Again... all this time you've wasted on defying my really important request could be used to answer my really important question.

And again... Can someone assist me, please ? I'd appreciate it.

http://www.rmc.ca/adm/rotpretp-pfofrpfi-eng.asp

To be eligible for enrollment into the Canadian Forces and to be admitted to RMCC ROTP/RETP applicants must meet the following conditions:

■Be a Canadian citizen;
■Be 16 years of age, by the 1st of January of the year of enrollment;
■Meet the minimum medical standard required for enrollment into the Canadian Forces;
■Pass pre-enrollment tests
■Pass the Initial Assessment and Basic Officer Training Period
■Possess the necessary academic qualifications outlined here (see Academic Prerequisites).

I would hope someone that wants to be a leader could at least google what they need information about. I think thats the most basic of requirements.

So you are unqualified.

IceRealm said:
Once Again... all this time you've wasted on defying my really important request could be used to answer my really important question.

Important?  Really, to you maybe?  It probably isn't that important to a bunch of people on the internet.  If it is important to you it should be worth doing some work on it, no?

IceRealm said:

And again... Can someone assist me, please ? I'd appreciate it.

One thing that will really help you to achieve your goal of attending RMC is the ability to think for yourself and be self-sufficient.  I suggest you start now using a couple of wonderful tools like the search function on this site and Google.  Go to www.rmc.ca and you'll get quite a bit of info.  Go to the recruiting centre and talk to them to find out what you need so you can make sure you have the required courses and other prerequisites before you start the application process.

Stop asking to be spoon-fed.

Here we go.  This is the recruitment office section. I'm guessing that means it's for RECRUITS who have questions that need to be answered.  Theres a lot of topics here as well. So instead of actually HELPING a RECRUIT you tell him to search the gazillion topics and use the kinda inaccurate search engine. =/ Well, Whatever. Judging by your replies, its not like any of you know the answer anyway. Thanks anyways.

We answered your question. Its right there. You need to be 16 and not stupid. Also Canadian. Then you need to be less un-stupid than everyone else.

Did you consider that your answers might be somewhere in the stickied threads called RMC??

But to answer your question again. Yes- you need a letter from an American Senator to get in.  ::)

IceRealm said:
Here we go.  This is the recruitment office section. I'm guessing that means it's for RECRUITS who have questions that need to be answered.  Theres a lot of topics here as well. So instead of actually HELPING a RECRUIT you tell him to search the gazillion topics and use the kinda inaccurate search engine. =/ Well, Whatever. Judging by your replies, its not like any of you know the answer anyway. Thanks anyways.

This is NOT a DND/CF site.  It s a site for people who have an interest/investment in the DND/CF.

If you want information, work for it.  No one here wants to waste bandwidth of information that is already out there, on this site no-less.  If you don't want to work to find the information that already exists then maybe you should be considering another venue for your future studies.

It's too bad this information doesn't seem to "exist", since no one heres willing to share it. Besides... these pointless replies are already wasting your "bandwidth" i think.

IceRealm said:
I'm not quite sure how to edit my posts. But anyways, this Topic is over.

Does that include your posts as well? 

IceRealm said:
I'm not quite sure how to edit my posts. But anyways, this Topic is over.

It was pretty much over the minute it started.  If you don't like the search engine on the site, try using Google in this manner...

If you want to search for info on RMC admissions go to Google and enter this as a search term:  site:army.ca RMC admissions

Was that so hard?

Grown ups use thier own minds and skills to search out and research questions they may have, and information they wish to learn, if you cant do that little bit of work then how in gods name do you hope to get through one of the most competitive university application programs?  let alone actually find success in the university itself? if they decide to allow you in above the other qualified applicants who did take the time to do thier own research? quit crying about it and do the work. :crybaby:

RTG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back