• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Humour: Name for a new Canadian Tank IF we got one

If Canada were to purchase a variant of the Leopard 2, what should it be called?

• Total voters

vonGarvin

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
So, ante up!  What should a new beast, if ever we got one, be called?

To appeas the NDP, "Fluffy, the Peace Bunny"

"Steve" got a vote?  That was a throw-away option  ;)

I think naming a new tank "Steve" is a whole new type of funny.

The Standard Steve A1 MBT
The A2 Recce Steve
and of course the A3 Steve with a 155mm Rob (new kind of main gun... the rob)

I could even see the RCDs having two or three troops of steves... and maybe the RCHAs would use the A3 steve with the Rob.

See... whole new kind of comedy.

I dunno....can't imagine a lot of guys bragging about how much they love their Steve and Steve 2, but once they get into the size of the Rob......well....you figure it out.  ;D

GAP said:
I dunno....can't imagine a lot of guys bragging about how much they love their Steve and Steve 2, but once they get into the size of the Rob......well....you figure it out.  ;D

Well... we could go with Susan... but that would lead to such distasteful comments as;
"What kind of guns does your susan have."

As you can see... that could lead to some misunderstandings.

Then again; "Wow... Look at the size of the gun on steve."

Yeah... maybe we should just call it "tank"...  or call it "boat" to throw people off. Like naming your dog "cat" and your cat "dog".

Just out of curiosity, what ever happened to "Timmy the Tank" that we used to have as a Tank Trainer, way back when?

Hi

"Humour: Name for a new Canadian Tank IF we got one"

Wouldn't we need more than one ?

Drummy

Great Citizens,

I see that there are many that would dedicate a fine machine to the cause, continue to vote!

dileas

tess

I think we should carry on with the fearsom animal names that we tend to use for vehicles.

I personally recomend: The Marmot
c083101.02.28-600.marmot.jpg

We could call it the "Timmie's" or the "double double" and the Tim Horton's in KAF could be a corprite sponsor!

Back