• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I Didn't See That !

Red 6 said:
Roger, they had 3/73 Armor on the Sheridans, which is now 1/17 Cav. They don't use the Sheridan anymore, but I'm not certain what combat vehicles they're using.

1/17 was always assigned as an Air Cav unit. Have they also taken the armoured (or armored) role as well?

ExSarge said:
There is nothing quite so spectacular as watching a Sheridan being dropped out of the *** end of a C-130. Especially if the chutes don't fully deploy!

I remember seeing a video of an experiment with lapesing a lynx (or M113, don't remember for sure) which did some rather spectacular end to end flips on impact.

having a dozer dropped by the AF using Low level extraction is an impressive accomplishment. Usually doesn't work afterwards but..... impressive to watch ;)

FNG taskings.......
Locating tent pole straighteners, left handed monkey wrenches, shore line, box of kilowatts, checkered paint, keys to the range, the list goes on and on.........

Early 80s, 2 CER borrows a grader from DMER pool in Chilliwack for "drop trials".  Said grader is returned to DMER pool in 2 or 3 triwalls.... :D

hehe..... ah yes, the early days of LLExtractions......
though I had not heard of graders being given the "push"

Back