• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I have no idea what to do?

Canadian-patriot

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I've taken an interest in joining the cf for full time. Everthing I read about joining the cf says "go and talk to your recruiter". I would go talk to them but I have no idea what to do once I go inside, do I just sit and wait, or do I ask what I specifically want, sorry to ask this question but I'm just nervous to look like a big idiot when I walk in there. I've tried calling them but that does not seem to help at all, they never answer.

Thanks ahead of time! I know this is a wierd question and I apologize if I've wasted your time by asking this.

- it is like anyplace else: you walk in and stand in front of a desk that has a person sitting in it and say "Good morning, I want to join the Canadian Army and become a Strathcona". Everything else is up to them.

I was a little nervous when I wanted to talk to a recruiter at first too, it's really nothing though. Just arrive, be polite and professional and nothing will go wrong. It's their job to talk and answer questions and even if you did make a fool of yourself they deal with so many people a they'd forget about you before the end of the work day!

Tell them you used the search function on army.ca/forums extensively and have resorted to this

Canadian-patriot said:
I've taken an interest in joining the cf for full time.

Canadian-patriot said:
Sorry I'm just really scared

In another thread you wrote, "im only seventeen years old"

You may wish to ask a parent(s) to accompany you, or at least ask their guidance on the subject: "Be 17 years of age, with parental consent".

See also:

Info for Families
http://www.forces.ca/en/page/forfamilies-151

How to get family on boardĀ 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/13678.0;nowap

There really is no reason to be scared, they are there to help you and are not going to force you into anything, if that's what you're scared of.

I did the same thing, I walked in with no idea what to expect, I was lucky enough that someone sat with me and we had a lengthy conversation about the forces and what they have to offer.

I ended up signing up for the reserves a day later, and here I am now waiting for a transfer into the Reg Force.

Best of luckĀ  ;D

Back