• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

If God wanted me to join the army....

Cat

Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
I'd have been born with green, baggy skin and a will made of steel.I've got the will and luckily for me, the army provides the green and baggy part!

Now that I've got your attention...my story.

I started the application process in 2002 after completing a six week cadet course in Cold Lake Alberta. Originally I was going in for Arty NCM out of Ottawa, with a side application in for RMC come 2003. Due to my inability to perform the proper military pushups I was unsucessful at that time. So I put my military dream on hold, moved to St. Catharines Ontario and began pursuing a degree is psychology. Another application went into Lincoln and Welland this time for Infanty Officer in 2005, again in 2006 - all paperwork handed in, called the recruiter endlessly, nothing was done....keep on soldiering. That recruiter no longer works as a recruiter...I wonder why...haha

So it took me another few months with CFRC Hamilton to get all my paperwork together from Ottawa and the reserve unit, and I got my interview re-done in early September. However becasue of my work schedule and the re-introduction of the PT test(and not having PT testers schedules available) I haven't been able to enroll yet.

Due to a change in life goals, I've recently decided that I would like to go RegForce NCM and possibly finish my education later. I simply feel more called into the service then called to sit in a classroom right now.

So...it's been a few years but I'm calling CFRC Hamilton tomorrow to talk to them about changing my application. I've also started a new PT regime, which will be getting more intense as soon as I get over a lovely kidney infection.

Here's hoping to be in uniform before 2009...lol!

Good luck, and drink lots of h2o to flush those kidneys!!

Wes

Wesley  Down Under said:
Good luck, and drink lots of h2o to flush those kidneys!!

Wes

haha, thanks. I'm working on it.

Happy New Year

All I can say is best of luck to you. But don't forget the be in the best shape you can be in, because if your not, it will be hard. I am doing a lot more PT to prepair for the Reserves. Cheers!

Good luck and drink your cranberry juice.        :)

Regards

Mike Baker said:
All I can say is best of luck to you. But don't forget the be in the best shape you can be in, because if your not, it will be hard. I am doing a lot more PT to prepair for the Reserves. Cheers!

i was able to exceed the female and meet the male requirements before I got sick...now that I'm on the mend I'm really working on my PTagain...I will not be a burden to my section...and that means at least meeting the male standards....I don't like the double standard and I really dont want people thinking that that's what I aspire too...

lol...sorry, ranting...

Good luck to you too :)

Recce By Death said:
Good luck and drink your cranberry juice.        :)

Regards

thanks

and I'm so tired of cranberry joice I'm ready to kill whoever invented ocean spray....
but ya gotta do what ya gotta do...can't give the military my mind, body and soul if my body is already broken

Cat....I have PMed a friend of mine on here who is a recruiter in Hamilton. He is in the office today but they are slightly reduced manning till next week. He will probably send you a PM but you should try the center today also. good luck in your application.

Cat said:
Another application went into Lincoln and Welland this time for Infanty Officer in 2005, again in 2006 - all paperwork handed in, called the recruiter endlessly, nothing was done....keep on soldiering. That recruiter no longer works as a recruiter...I wonder why...haha

Probably doesn't work there anymore because it's only a 2-3 year stint.  ;)

IHS ...

Never PM him to ask for dirt on me!!  ;D

Cat said:
i was able to exceed the female and meet the male requirements before I got sick...now that I'm on the mend I'm really working on my PTagain...I will not be a burden to my section...and that means at least meeting the male standards....I don't like the double standard and I really dont want people thinking that that's what I aspire too...

lol...sorry, ranting...

Good luck to you too :)
Thats a good goal to push for, good on you.

Cheers
Baker

So when you initially failed the push-up (as per your first post) standard (that'd been female standard), I'll take it since then you've improved enough to meet the male standard since then, but then became sick?

Just trying to sort this all out in my head.

Remember that the initial standards of CF Express pushups (male or female) are minimal requirements, setting your goals to exceed the male standard are about right. There's a few of us about who try to accomplish that -- you are on the right path.

ArmyVern said:
Probably doesn't work there anymore because it's only a 2-3 year stint.  ;)

IHS ...

Never PM him to ask for dirt on me!!  ;D

Hehe, the guy that took over for him as the unit recruiter had a few words on the gentleman, who I like very much as a person....and none of them were overly nice, at least not as far as his recruitment for officers was concerned. There was a great guy out of Hamilton there though, who was of great help..MacKenzie I beleive his name is...

Ah well, gettin' er done now

:)

Cat said:
Hehe, the guy that took over for him as the unit recruiter had a few words on the gentleman, who I like very much as a person....and none of them were overly nice, at least not as far as his recruitment for officers was concerned. There was a great guy out of Hamilton there though, who was of great help..MacKenzie I beleive his name is...

Ah well, gettin' er done now

:)

I don't think your all thinking of the same person. My bud just got there last year and he said he'd drop you a PM today. I'd be careful about listening to what other people have to say about other people.....my buddy is a CFR (Commissioned from the Ranks) with over 30 years in the mob, I can assure you he would be helpful...but hey if you're thinking he's probably not a nice guy do things your way. Cheers.

IN HOC SIGNO said:
I don't think your all thinking of the same person. My bud just got there last year and he said he'd drop you a PM today. I'd be careful about listening to what other people have to say about other people.....my buddy is a CFR (Commissioned from the Ranks) with over 30 years in the mob, I can assure you he would be helpful...but hey if you're thinking he's probably not a nice guy do things your way. Cheers.

I was just refering to some less then lovely past recruiting experiances,mostly at the PRes unit level. I take each new recruiter as I take everyone else, I'll deffinately listen to what your buddy has to say, can never hear too much or learn too much :)

IN HOC SIGNO said:
Cat....I have PMed a friend of mine on here who is a recruiter in Hamilton. He is in the office today but they are slightly reduced manning till next week. He will probably send you a PM but you should try the center today also. good luck in your application.

I know who your friend is IHS....................his office is down the hall from my desk!

MP 811 said:
I know who your friend is IHS....................his office is down the hall from my desk!

Very cool...say hi to him for me. I hear you guys are pretty busy, that bodes well for the future....Cheers.  ;)

ya, I might see him tomorrow.  Not done leave until the 7th but I should go in to catch up on email and whatnot....

MP 811 said:
ya, I might see him tomorrow.  Not done leave until the 7th but I should go in to catch up on email and whatnot....

You guys are super dedicated. He said he was doing the same thing tomorrow. You guys will be all ready for all the new recruits that made New Year's resolutions to join the CF on Monday! ;)

IN HOC SIGNO said:
You guys are super dedicated. He said he was doing the same thing tomorrow. You guys will be all ready for all the new recruits that made New Year's resolutions to join the CF on Monday! ;)

:p I'd say I fit into that group....but I've been trying too long for it to be a resolution....

well, I hope they're ready.  Im being posted out soon so im not much of a help there anymore im afraid!

Back