• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IMPs

MedCorps

Reaction score
Hello all,

Does anyone know what company is responsible for selling IMP rations to the CF? 

There is no marking on the box / outside of the meal package.  And when you get inside the package all the contents are marked with who made each of them. 

Someone must put these things together for the CF. 

At the same time (while I am asking).  Anyone know what the cost per unit is?  How many does the CF buy per year?  If you know (off the top of your head) the LCMM's name and phone number you could email that to me also. 

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

MC

I have seen some of the meals labeled Pantry Chef but I don't think that's what your getting at.  I have also heard that each IMP goes from $10-$15 per meal, 10 meals in a box.

I've also hear some folks claim the meals are closer to $30, but from what I understood, the actual price was much closer to $6 each for normal IMPs, a little more for the vegetarian rations. Considering the quantity we go through, $10-$15 each would sound a little extreme...

I think its FreddyChef that makes the entree.

Just a Sig Op said:
I've also hear some folks claim the meals are closer to $30, but from what I understood, the actual price was much closer to $6 each for normal IMPs, a little more for the vegetarian rations. Considering the quantity we go through, $10-$15 each would sound a little extreme...

Would you up the price estimate if you found out that they were packaged in Quebec?  ;D

Burrows said:
I think its FreddyChef that makes the entree.

That's what I thought as well.  As for the cost, go to MEC and price out that stuff.  It's pretty expensive really.  I know when I looked a couple of years ago I was very surprised at how much that stuff cost.  :eek:

Yep, Freddy Chef [;D], St Hyacinth Quebec, makes some of the main meals and desserts.

An American company may have had a contract for some of the main meals (Wornick, Meatloaf and Onion Sauce?).

A company from BC makes the salmon filet main meal.

Mother Parkers, Mississauga Ontario, contributes the instant coffee and coffee whitener.

And a few other Quebec based companies contribute components.

I've also heard the rumor that IMP's cost $30 per ration pack. $7.50, according to this site:

http://www.mreinfo.com/imps.html

Surplus stores usually sell them for $10.

My better judgment sais that around 10 bucks a pop sounds right for the mass volume they go through, but it is the Canadian Forces.................

beach_bum said:
That's what I thought as well.   As for the cost, go to MEC and price out that stuff.   It's pretty expensive really.   I know when I looked a couple of years ago I was very surprised at how much that stuff cost.    :eek:

Supply and demand though... look at MEC's other stuff...also over priced...

Used to be a company in Stratford Ont. packaged them.

I got to pack hundreds of the box lunches once. I have to say I sort of enjoyed it.

If you're looking to buy these I have seen em on Ebay before. Cheaper than $10 a pop too.

That place really does have everything!

IMP's are so much better than Compo rations, though I do miss the curry sauce when I've had Canadian rations.

MC,
I bet you wanna know so you can go bomb the place after eating nothing but IMPs the whole time you were in Sri Lanka?

anyone know the right combonation of meals to keep them from either forming up like concrete in the digestive track or passing through like baby oil? or is it just me?

That, my friend, is one of life's great mysteries!

Some of the entres were made by magic pantry as well.

I really couldnt care less who made them but Freddy chef is a good bet, There is a surplus store in Ottawa...I wont say they over price...but they do, an Imp that was almost 3 years old! selling for 20$! This might be pretty sad to some of your Reg guys who hate them(after having eaten them for ages) but I absolutly adore them!!! ;D AHH the bread, rock solid, unless you shove itin the boiling water for a minute, the ranger cookies!!! Then there is the main meal best when its cold!*drools* I sometimes miss this good food so much(not to the point where i will buy a 20$ old IMP) But there has been a rumor going around that they make you constipated, is this true?
Thanks
UBIQUE!!!!!!!!!!

anyone know the right combonation of meals to keep them from either forming up like concrete in the digestive track or passing through like baby oil? or is it just me?

Intestinal fortitude.

Cpl.Banks(Cdt.) said:
I really couldnt care less who made them but Freddy chef is a good bet, There is a surplus store in Ottawa...I wont say they over price...but they do, an Imp that was almost 3 years old! selling for 20$! This might be pretty sad to some of your Reg guys who hate them(after having eaten them for ages) but I absolutly adore them!!! ;D AHH the bread, rock solid, unless you shove itin the boiling water for a minute, the ranger cookies!!! Then there is the main meal best when its cold!*drools* I sometimes miss this good food so much(not to the point where i will buy a 20$ old IMP) But there has been a rumor going around that they make you constipated, is this true?
Thanks
UBIQUE!!!!!!!!!!

to be honest.. they DO tend to screw over your bowels quite nicely.

Back