• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IMPs

Remuster said:
This might be of some interest.

http://www.mreinfo.com/imps.html
LMC??? I've only ever heard of these and this website is the first time i've ever seen one, Anyone ever eat an LMC, as a reservist i've never seen a meal out side a Haybox, Mess, IMP, or Box Lunch, are these (LMC's) only issued on deployment as the name (Light Meal Combat) might suggest?

LMC's are also known as RECCE Rations. I was never QL4 RECCE, but I encountered LMC's when I was working in my QM. IMP's are supposed to be non-perishable, lightweight, easy to prepare compared to hayboxes. LMC's are supposed to be more non-perishable, more lightweight, more easy to prepare compared to IMP's. [Hard Rations lighter than fresh rations. RECCE Rations lighter than Hard Rations.] They have stuff like beef jerky, and lightweight, high energy/high sugar/high calorie food.

we've started getting LMCs on a regular basis at my unit now which is good as we generally don't have regular meal hours and it's nice to be able to grab something quick that you don't have to cook

main entrees in the ones I've seen are Freeze dried cheese (not bad if you can get used to the squeeking when you chew it), Beef Jerky - dried out but pretty good, and pepperoni (my favorite but not everyones)

allong with the main entree you get 2 candy bars, a roll of candies, 2 pouches of juice cyrstals a la IMPS with included paper bags to drink them out of, a pouch of hot chocolate, and some fruit, either dried pinaple and pyappa, raisins or apple slices...

there can be a few other misc items in there... but it's fast to eat and can quickly refuel you for a few hours inbetween meals.

Papke said:
I wonder if you could build a house with it? ;D
2 words.....Bread football.

Fish is not meant to last more than a few days unless it is still breathing and in the water......

It is not natural to have fish that is in an aluminum foil package, that you can eat years later.

This is wrong on many levels. I am reminded of the 3 eyed fish Marge Simpson fed to Mr Burns.

It's just not right.  :blotto: :skull:

Well, my friend last time I checked fish can be cured/smoked/dried and or preserved in a certain environment*see Imp* I actually adore this meal and I cant eat any other salmon without them tasting bland and not as good, too bad you dont like it, pass it here!  ;D
UBIQUE!!!

The LMC's are great a bud of mine in supply gets us some for long trips where weight is a factor. The cadets love them. but don't eat to much freeze dried cheese its like peptmo bismol

LMC's are way better ration supplements than a canned pound cake in the arctic!  Does anyone remember the LRRP's?  Howcome they all tasted like soap?

Back