• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Recruiting (Merged)

Draper289

Inactive
Reaction score
I was told by a family friend who currently serves that Infantry are not accepting applications  right now because they are trying to find something for all the current Infantryman to do. Does anyone know when they will be accepting applications again ?

Yes, the reason it is closed is because there are already too many Infantry pers in the trade. Odds are it will not be open for a while. If you are seriously considering enrollment, you may want to look at a few other trades. Just checked forces.ca and it seems that Combat Engineer is the only combat arms trade currently accepting applications.

There will be some hiring for infantry this year, but not a great deal... The regular force intake is under 200 if I recall the numbers from CF Recruiting Group correctly. These figures are a couple of months old.

Based on my conversation with a recruiter maybe a month ago it's ~200 with selections being on June 7th. Not sure if that's the only date this year or not.

Hurricane said:
Yes, the reason it is closed is because there are already too many Infantry pers in the trade. Odds are it will not be open for a while. If you are seriously considering enrollment, you may want to look at a few other trades. Just checked forces.ca and it seems that Combat Engineer is the only combat arms trade currently accepting applications.

Combat engineering is very diffrent from Infantry, Do not put it down just because it is combat arms.

Trick said:
Based on my conversation with a recruiter maybe a month ago it's ~200 with selections being on June 7th. Not sure if that's the only date this year or not.

The selections date on the SIP maybe  that date, but the selections people can do the selections whenever they generally feel like it (for this MOSID anyways).  The numbers are just under 90 each for the 2 English Regiments, and 100 or so for the Vandoos.  We aren't taking outside applications at the moment, because we still have plenty of people already in the process for infantry.

I had put down Infantry as one of my choices and I'm actually being processed for it. I applied in Feb,  thinking it was just foolish optimism to apply for that, but it worked in my favour

HatchetMan, what do you mean by "not accepting outside applications"? Like Keough I applied in February and have finished all but my interview, which is in one week.

On the website it's saying they are not taking applicant since 1 years ..
But in february me and a friend  travel to the recruitment center of montreal on st-catherine street
And we both get the process started , we completed every step and i finish my interview today!!
So do not reffer on a website or a forum( since it can get you alooot of good information)
Just make it your way to the nearest recruit center and try it !
Sorry for the bad english , 1 rst language is french.

Connorp23 said:
HatchetMan, what do you mean by "not accepting outside applications"? Like Keough I applied in February and have finished all but my interview, which is in one week.

On the Forces.ca website basically.  Although sometimes there is disconnect between what the SIP says is open, and whoever is responsible for keeping the website current.

So I have applied about a month ago for the Canadian Forces, and chose Infantry as my target occupation as a full time job.
I'm 17, currently in my last year of high school, and will pass for sure, no doubt...
I applied, and sent my educational transcripts, along with my copy of my birth certificate already.
I had contact with a recruiter via email, and I was told that infantry was accepting applications at the beginning of October, so I applied there.

I was wondering how the infantry recruiting status is? I really want to get into the military (accepted and scheduled for BMQ) so I can jump right into it after school.

Any help? I'd be thankful.  :D
:cdn:

From My understanding Infantry is not accepting any more applicants this year. Infantry will most likely open up next year providing the CF are in need of more recruits. I am not a recruiter so I do not know for sure, this is just what I have heard from this forum and other people applying.

My suggestion.. go into your local RC in January and see if you can get the ball rolling then. In the meantime continue to focus on school and improve your application.

Cheers

Hate to break it to you but the Infantry is full and while they may be accepting small numbers of new recruits during the next FY there are many, many people ahead of you in the process. To get into the Infantry you need a very competitive application. Volunteer, play sports, get involved with the community, those are all ways to make your application stronger.

Only a recruiter with access to your file can say for sure. My advice is a polite email or phone call to the recruiter who was in touch with you to ask for a status update on your file, and whether it's moving at all. If they accepted your documents, there should be a database entry for you. More than that, I can't say with any certainty.

Thanks guys.
I also play a lot of sports, and work a lot due to one of my classes. I can ski and am active for at least 12 hours a week, not including skiing every weekend.
My grades are also on the rise, so I hope that'll help, and I'll look into improving my application, thank you.

By the way, can you change your application? Or do you have to call in or go to an RC?

BrendenDias said:
By the way, can you change your application? Or do you have to call in or go to an RC?

In what way would you like to change your application?
You can always update it with providing certain documents. I would speak to a recruiter in respect to changing or resubmitting an application.

Thanks, I would want to place a secondary occupation, since I only selected infantry. I was going to select armour as my second, however, it for some reason wasn't on there.

i just receive a email saying CFRC) Halifax; they will now take over the processing of your application. but its Artilleryman occupation. i tried to get into  infantry should i call CFRC Halifax  Infantry is my first choice .

Really? Thats good that you got a call like that.
I suggest if you want to get into infantry above everything else, then wait. You wouldn't want to regret becoming an artilleryman because you wanted infantry more. But if you think artillery would be a good occupation, you should go for it.
From everything I have heard; calls, emails, forum... infantry is closed until further notice.

Congrats over the call, at least you got one  :nod:

i just receive a email saying CFRC) Halifax; they will now take over the processing of your application. but its Artilleryman occupation. i tried to get into  infantry should i call CFRC Halifax  Infantry is my first choice .

Back