• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Trades

JamesonEdward

Inactive
Reaction score
Where can I find a list of infantry trades? I have tried searching this forum and web-based search engines, but haven't been able to come up with must.

Thanks in advance.

JamesonEdward said:
Where can I find a list of infantry trades? I have tried searching this forum and web-based search engines, but haven't been able to come up with must.

Thanks in advance.

Infantry is one Trade.

Thank you for your reply George.

I was under the impression that if I was applying for non-commissioned member infantry that I needed to further select specialty trades; for example, weapons tech, etc.

Is there a page on the CAF website or post on here that describes exactly what is involved?

JamesonEdward said:
Thank you for your reply George.

I was under the impression that if I was applying for non-commissioned member infantry that I needed to further select specialty trades; for example, weapons tech, etc.

Is there a page on the CAF website or post on here that describes exactly what is involved?

Yes there is.  If you look up "Canadian Forces Recruiting, Trades" in Google, you will find:

http://www.forces.ca/en/jobexplorer/browsejobs-70

Thank you George. I was selecting bachelor degree and it wasn't showing anything earlier... so I removed that and it seems to be working now.

Cheers

Does this make sense?

This is how I understand the recruitment process.

First select:

1) Navy, Army, or Air -- in this example Army

Second select:

2) Armour, Artillery, or Infantry -- in this example Infantry

Third select (this is where I get confused):

3) Trades?

I have been speaking with the CSCOTR in Victoria, BC.

So, when I look at the Find a Recruiter webpage the only jobs identified are:

Jobs in this unit:
Chaplain
Infantry Officer (Now Hiring)
Infantry Soldier (Now Hiring)
Musician (Now Hiring)
Resource Management Support Clerk (Now Hiring)
Supply Technician

Are those jobs in the unit the "trades" that I need to identify on my application?

Thanks

If you wish, you can PM our Recruiting Moderator for assistance,

Buck_HRA
http://milnet.ca/forums/members/51867

Infantry, Artillery, Weapon Tech, Clerk, etc are all trades.

On the application you can have a first, second and third choice.  If you want to be a Infantryman, only pick Infantry.  Supply Tech, Clerk, etc are each their own trade(not a specialty).  Every unit will employ a few different trades, that is why it you have the above options available for the Canadian Scottish Regiment, as that unit employs Infantry NCMs, Officers, Musicians, etc.  Again, if all you want is Infantry, only pick Infantry.

Awesome thanks. Even the Sergeant helping me at the office said I had to pick a trade (in addition to my Infantry NCM application)... So I was confused as to what a trade actually was and how the hierarchy worked.

Thanks for clearing up it.

Cheers

You only have to choose one trade on the application, a 2nd and 3rd choice is optional. Perhaps there is a misunderstanding between yourself and the Sgt in regards to picking an additional trade.

If you were joining the Regular Force, the form permits you to select three Trades that you are interested in.  If you are applying for an Infantry unit in the Reserves, you will most likely only have one Trade to put down on you application form, leaving the other two lines blank.  It is the same form for both Regular and Reserve Forces.

Back