• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Injuried

whorian

Inactive
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP.

I don't know what to do. I'm desperate and looking for the available options or advices from the military people here.

I got sworn in on September 21. BMQ date is October 23. I've been getting ready for this for over 8 months, almost a year.

Unfortunally I have an wrist injury which is probably not going to be healed before BMQ. At it's worst, I can't manage do push-ups because it hurts too much. Saw a doctor, he gave me anti-inflamatories and said there is no magic way to get rid of it except rest and ice. So I did. Nothing changed. He gave me cortisone infiltrations and guess what..... it's still there. I can probably do 40 push-ups right now, but if I do, tomorrow my wrist won't allow me to do 1 single.

The army doesn't know about this whole thing. I am probably going to get advices from a recruiter but I want to ask in here first.

In case the injury is not fully recovered by the BMQ date, what are the options for me?

I am guessing:

a) Start the course anyway, and fail it after first push-ups. PAT Platoon. BLAH. Most of you will say "at least you're getting paid". meh.
b) I signed a 5 years contract with the army. Can I ask the recruiting center to delay my BMQ? During this time I assume I am still 'property of the army' and can't finish my college degree?
c) Ask a release, and waste 1 year of my life + recruiters time.

Because I can't manage to sit on my a$$ for long again. It's making me slowly fall into depression, making me feel I am a human wreck doing absolutely nothing all day all night.

Thanks for your words. (I think I am f*cked)

If I was you, I would tell the CFRC about your injury, an see what they say.

Well I know when I got sworn in I was told if I got injured in anyway to phone my file manger asap and tell them so if I were you I'd do that first thing tommorow or even leave a message tonight. I can't really say what will hapen but my guess is that you'd just be re-coursed.

I was in pretty much the same situation as you, if you dont report the injury to your RC and it becomes a problem once you get to the CFLRS and the doctors there figure out it wasnt caused by your military service and it was a pre-existing injury that wasnt reported to the medical staff, you can kiss your career good-bye.  You will be either forced to VR or get kicked out for ir-regular enrollment, you most likely wont be re-coursed for a pre-existing injury, you will have to leave either way.  Call your RC and talk to the medical staff, it would be better to wait to go to basic and to have your wrist fully healed then go to basic on a bad wrist.  

Tell the RC on Monday. They are there to find the CF good members....but they are also there to help you too. Omission of a serious hampering injury might aswell be a lie. Good luck to you.

Hugo,

Please please phone the RC and report this. Good luck to you. Keep us posted on the outcome.

Hugo said:
PLEASE HELP.

I don't know what to do. I'm desperate and looking for the available options or advices from the military people here.

I got sworn in on September 21. BMQ date is October 23. I've been getting ready for this for over 8 months, almost a year.

Unfortunally I have an wrist injury which is probably not going to be healed before BMQ. At it's worst, I can't manage do push-ups because it hurts too much. Saw a doctor, he gave me anti-inflamatories and said there is no magic way to get rid of it except rest and ice. So I did. Nothing changed. He gave me cortisone infiltrations and guess what..... it's still there. I can probably do 40 push-ups right now, but if I do, tomorrow my wrist won't allow me to do 1 single.

The army doesn't know about this whole thing. I am probably going to get advices from a recruiter but I want to ask in here first.

In case the injury is not fully recovered by the BMQ date, what are the options for me?

I am guessing:

a) Start the course anyway, and fail it after first push-ups. PAT Platoon. BLAH. Most of you will say "at least you're getting paid". meh.
b) I signed a 5 years contract with the army. Can I ask the recruiting center to delay my BMQ? During this time I assume I am still 'property of the army' and can't finish my college degree?
c) Ask a release, and waste 1 year of my life + recruiters time.

Because I can't manage to sit on my a$$ for long again. It's making me slowly fall into depression, making me feel I am a human wreck doing absolutely nothing all day all night.

Thanks for your words. (I think I am f*cked)

Honesty will always do you well, regardless. Just call them, tell them you're injured, no need to blab on about why/how unless they ask. Just make sure you make it clear you WANT YOUR CAREER with the CF and you're willing to do what it takes to make it in. If that's actually what you want.

They'll probably do exactly what seems logical, put you in PAT plt for a bit until you heal, or just post-pone your BMQ until the next serial...

Good person to talk to on this website is Kincanucks (sp?) since he/she is a recruiter... I think.... Always has the answers+stats anyway!

Joe
PS> Goodluck, never give up!
:salute:

Thanks a lot for the multiple replies. Will call the RC tomorrow and tell you what's going on.

I guess Hugo is contacting the recruiting office today.

My question is:Why are you doing 40 pushups instead of allowing the injury to heal? Maybe if you iced and rested it, the injury would go away. Sounds to me like you're impatient and not allowing yourself to heal properly before abusing that wrist over and over again. That smacks of 'self inflicted injury' to me. If a doctor tells you to take anti-inflammatories and ice it, he/she probably didn't intend for you to continue doing pushups while the wrist was still inflamed.

I thought it was healed until I started doing push-ups again. I did wait the minimum time he told me to before start PT again.

I called the RC and they told me to show up tomorrow morning for a medical update. Started physiotherapy today to get all chances on my side. Are you eligible to the army insurances right when you are sworn in or do you have to success the BMQ before? If so do you think they're going to pay for physio? This thing cost a b*tch... like 50$ per session  :-[

So is grammar & spelling. 

Acknowledging that English may not be your first language, please don't use "MSN Speak" on this forum.

People do judge you on the quality of your written communication.

DF

soon_to_be_army_05 said:
N wat did i say?

Well folks, looks like we have a real winner here! She'll certainly fit in with the army...  ::)

If you're actually the age in your profile, act like it. Grow up. Especially if you are going to join the forces, otherwise don't bother.

yeah well u grow up ok....im all grown up  n i can type how i want .n english aint my first language  so go cry to  yur momma..lollllllll

Back