• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Inside SAS drinking culture: Nude Twister with strippers, guns and ‘getting away with it’

Not trying to sound immature here, but...where the hell did they find strippers for hire in rural Afghanistan? 🤨

Not sure what the problem with the booze and strippers part is. Just needs to be a bit further removed from quarters, maybe.

"budgie smuggler" - that is going in my book.

Not sure what the problem with the booze and strippers part is. Just needs to be a bit further removed from quarters, maybe.

How about off publicly-funded property altogether.

I get that states need 'rough men' to commit policy by other means, but jezzus . . .

Queen Victoria couldn't have been as prudish as many of those in society now.
...or that binge drinking isn't seen as ok as before. There was an article about how younger folks aren't drinking as much, on average.

...or that binge drinking isn't seen as ok as before. There was an article about how younger folks aren't drinking as much, on average.
I think that depends on country; the folks in the UK are still bingeing like they want to die. Maybe they had more people bingeing previously? I think with COVID a lot of people were doing that at home instead.

Australia’s special forces are seeing a reckoning happening because of culture issues.

these guys weren’t too smart. Filming these events? But I guess they felt they could get away with it regardless.

Work hard, play hard. Did they break any laws? In a private, not open to the public club? Until the flat faced civies, pick up a gun and go do what some of the best gunfighters in the world do, to keep those same civies safe, they should just STFU.

Sorry mate. This is the same type of culture that fuels behaviours that lead to my fellow female soldiers not feeling safe in their units. We said STFU for decades, and women in uniform just kept getting assaulted....

You can work hard and play hard, without making an asshat of yourself by playing naked twister with strippers. The fact that they thought they could take photos and videos of the antics and get away with it just shows how toxic the culture was.

Yup, in Canada it goes all the way to the CDS and Minister of Defence. If you're going to be a hypocrite you may as well be the most senior asshat in the military. In the case involved here, it looks like everyone was a willing participant. The only ones offended appear to be those not invited.

Back