• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Installation of Tampon Dispensers in all Washrooms

If they’re not also standing on the street with a sign saying how much tampons in men’s washrooms affect them, it’s not “civil disobedience”.

As @dapaterson says, all the cleaners know that someone is using up all of the tampons and they restock them.

Which adds to the cost to the govt.

To…protest govt spending?
Hey guys, the government employee who adheres to everything the government says has told us we're doing civil disobedience wrong

1716913943256.png

Imagine living in a country where the civics education is so poor people don’t understand the difference between provincially provided assisted living and agreements for employees of the Federal govt.
Imagine living a country where a person who works for the government doesn’t understand there’s only one tax payer, who doesn’t get to choose which level of government misdelivers services with their tax money but the government employee can always pull a BS division of powers argument to support the absurdity of their employer.

Imagine living a country where a person who works for the government doesn’t understand there’s only one tax payer, who doesn’t get to choose which level of government misdelivers services with their tax money but the government employee can always pull a BS division of powers argument to support the absurdity of their employer.

Irrelevant - trying to correlate low quality provincial service with a mandate imposed on the federal government to its employees is absurd. Division of responsibility, ie the feds having minimal input into a purely provincial matter, is a real thing that people should understand. It similarly has 0 to do with a mandated imposed on the federal government to provide a service to its employees.

Your argument seems to imply that because of tampon machines, we can’t deliver free pharmaceuticals to seniors, or at least low cost ones. Which ignores several things: firstly that those two pots of money are very separate, secondly that there is by design no national standard on senior care, and thirdly that the whole tampons in men’s washrooms thing was mandated for all employees.

I get that it makes a snappy one line comment, but it’s simply ignorant of our federal system

Imagine living in a country where government policy makers have a long term care home charge seniors $1.43 for a Tylenol, but then turn around and provide tampons for men (who absolutely do not menstruate) at no charge because the mullahs in the CHRC issued an order to accommodate a serial litigant and now it’s government policy, obligation and taxpayer cost from coast to coast to coast.
Hence the occasional acts of civil disobedience.

Imagine living in a country where the civics education is so poor people don’t understand the difference between provincially provided assisted living and agreements for employees of the Federal govt.

You're not wrong but we also have a Federal government that has forgotten its own roles and responsibilities and continually cruises into provincial lanes to gain votes.

So its not just civics education, its also about politiking.

You're not wrong but we also have a Federal government that has forgotten its own roles and responsibilities and continually cruises into provincial lanes to gain votes.

So its not just civics education, its also about politiking.
My point again is that it’s not even a federal realm of responsibility, it’s an employee employer relationship issue.

Suffice it to say that ripping fixtures off walls and destroying sinks is juvenile. While many clearly don't like this (I don't but I'm not in anymore), the order has been given and its time to STFU and carry on.

Suffice it to say that ripping fixtures off walls and destroying sinks is juvenile. While many clearly don't like this (I don't but I'm not in anymore), the order has been given and its time to STFU and carry on.

Honestly this has been a non issue at work. It was a brief “huh that’s weird” and carry on. There’s a small, vocal minority that gives a shit and that it.

Sorry are you on Army.ca trying to take shots at service members ?
"How dare you, I am a service member! You must thank me for my service!"

Jesus Christ man. Have some self-awareness.

I’m not sure someone with a (presumably) CAF background should be justifying vandalism as “civil disobedience” in an open forum, but you do you I guess.
"You're a meanie! I'm going to report you!"

You guys are hilarious, keep em coming.

I happen to care about Canada the nation(s), not Canada the bureaucracy. Couldn't care less if a few rowdy but honest troopers teach the government a lesson.

I happen to care about Canada the nation(s), not Canada the bureaucracy. Couldn't care less if a few rowdy but honest troopers teach the government a lesson.
No more I don’t understand using “government employee” as some kind of insult on a site made up mostly of people in the military…. By a guy with a nato flag as his avatar that I assume was or is also a “government employee”

And yes, we wouldn’t want soldiers to be subject to, I dunno, lawful civil authority. Better they commit random act of vandalism when they disagree with policy. That seems like a good precedent.

This is the CAF - orders are orders, service is voluntary. If somebody doesn't like the orders given, or can no longer handle them, they can walk away. I've lived by that code for over 32 years now. Not once have I ever even remotely thought of deliberately destroying govt property in order to teach the government a lesson. Are they still 'rowdy but honest troopers' when the beat the living sh*t out of a trans member, or a racial minority, or a woman, because smashing equipment didn't achieve their aim?

My point again is that it’s not even a federal realm of responsibility, it’s an employee employer relationship issue.

Sure, its also a political topic that our Government is happy to wade in on.

Clearly the Fed's are framing this as something other than an employee/employer issue and making it a political one.

Wait until they bring it up as victory during their next electoral campaign.

I’m not going to report you because while stupid, you can say what you want on here if it doesn’t violate site rules.

Did you miss the part about “military under civilian govt control” in any of your courses?

Irrelevant - trying to correlate low quality provincial service with a mandate imposed on the federal government to its employees is absurd. Division of responsibility, ie the feds having minimal input into a purely provincial matter, is a real thing that people should understand. It similarly has 0 to do with a mandated imposed on the federal government to provide a service to its employees.

Your argument seems to imply that because of tampon machines, we can’t deliver free pharmaceuticals to seniors, or at least low cost ones. Which ignores several things: firstly that those two pots of money are very separate, secondly that there is by design no national standard on senior care, and thirdly that the whole tampons in men’s washrooms thing was mandated for all employees.

I get that it makes a snappy one line comment, but it’s simply ignorant of our federal system
Yet the Federal Government has stepped into the provincial health care domain providing diabetes medicine and birth control with a plan to expand so guess they could have included something like Tylenol for seniors while they were at it.

As for the "mandated" - kind of tired of that argument as a defence as it was the government that mandated it. They are the ones that decided to say such a stupid thing as:
  • This initiative is inclusive of all employees who menstruate, including cisgender women, non-binary individuals, transgender men and intersex individuals
cisgender? Really? Thought this government stood up for women? If you stand for women then call them what they are - women. Cisgender is a term used by the fake trans as an insult to women in an attempt to lower their meaning in the world.

Transgender men? I have known transgender male to female and female to male and guess what - neither of them needed to worry about menstruating. This is an issue that only women with certain parts have and that a male regardless of what action has been done will have. Female to male involves removal of the parts so they no longer have that issue either. When I talked to the female to male trans he mentioned that periods had not been an issue in a long time as the meds involved had stopped them before his surgery took place.

So what we really have is a government mandate that we will put menstrual products in male bathrooms for people that have no need for them.

They should have stopped while they were ahead and left it mandated that women bathrooms would have them.

For the idiots that are acting childish, throwing them away and destroying things - stop wasting our money, the government already has that covered and does a great job of it.

I’m not going to report you because while stupid, you can say what you want on here if it doesn’t violate site rules.

Did you miss the part about “military under civilian govt control” in any of your courses?
So to you, wrecking a box = insurgency?

:ROFLMAO:

Don't stop, you're too good!

Back