• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

INT OP anyone?

MP 811

Which int unit did you join, or are you reg force?

pm me if you want, I need to have a few questions answered...

:salute:

MedTech said:
They have now on a selective basis taken ROTS applicants for Int Op, but you've really gotta have something. This is the PRes world, no clue about the RegF.

Return of The Seth?    ???

NL_engineer said:
It fits, all you need is a large enough hammer  ;D

::)

a sad engineer you turn out to be

"there is no problem too great that it cannot be solved by the liberal application of high explosives"

chimo

;D

CDN Aviator said:
"there is no problem too great that it cannot be solved by the liberal application of high explosives"

Sounds like the effort used in Serbia during the Kosovo shenanigans...

Well I'm still to short on TI for PRES INT, but it looks like the res MP's will be getting me instead. At least INT is still something to work towards in the future.

popnfresh said:
Well I'm still to short on TI for PRES INT, but it looks like the res MP's will be getting me instead. At least INT is still something to work towards in the future.
popnfresh...contact your local Reserve Int unit. The overwhelming majority of their personnel are recruited right off the street, without any previous experience.

Today's lessson kiddies, is that there are people on this site who don't have a clue what they're talking about despite self-delusions of intellect. These people will give you completely out of 'er advice based on their "knowledge," which may be dated and/or coompletely irrelevant to your situation. Normally I'm a big fan of Darwin, so I tend to ignore the threads where people who don't do their own direct research accept online advice from people no better informed than themselves. In your case, p'n f, I'm feeling generous.

If you want to join, contact a recruiter or the unit in which you are interested.

Is that such a difficult concept?

Sir, I have done so.

I was told I must be trades qualified for at least 1 year before applying to the unit, by the unit recruiter. If it changes anything, it was 2 INT COY parading out of Toronto.

Thank you for the advice though, I will keep it in mind.

:salute:

popnfresh said:
I was told I must be trades qualified for at least 1 year before applying to the unit, by the unit recruiter. If it changes anything, it was 2 INT COY parading out of Toronto.
Thank you for the advice though, I will keep it in mind.

I find that confusing - You were told you needed to be qualified for 1 year as an Int Op before you could apply to the reserve unit as an Int Op? That seems to contradict what Journeyman was telling you earlier. 

GreyMatter said:
I find that confusing - You were told you needed to be qualified for 1 year as an Int Op before you could apply to the reserve unit as an Int Op? That seems to contradict what Journeyman was telling you earlier. 

No, he means that he'd have to be qualified in a (any other) trade for 1 year before applying.

Journeyman said:
The overwhelming majority of their personnel are recruited right off the street, without any previous experience.

So this would be incorrect then, if 2 Int Coy says you need at least a year in another trade before you can apply...

http://www.army.dnd.ca/LFCA/2int/recruit1.shtm

2 Int Coy will take people from off the street, as well as VOT's.

I can post the email if you guys want... I didn't even mention what trade I am, or my quals..and that was the response I got from them. I really don't know what the big deal is, but I guess it's supposed to be more "exclusive"? Maybe they want Cpls, because thats what I'll be when I can VOT

My point was....and remains......if you want to join a CF unit, talk to that unit's recruiter.

As for Res Int being overwhelmingly filled by people off the street:
a. I used to recruit for a Res Int Coy; we took direct entries
b. the 2 Int Coy website says they recruit off the street
c. I've had two tasks in particular augmented by 2 Int Coy pers, wtih whom I discussed 'why things are seen' during the 3 am shift
d. one of the people I deal with daily over here in A'stan is out of 2 Int Coy, and he joined off the street

And the source of your current knowledge on 2 Int Coy recruiting policies, Greymatter?
---
Exactly  ::)

One last time kids, then I'm done:
If you want to join, contact a recruiter or the unit in which you are interested.

Journeyman said:
One last time kids, then I'm done:

And that, is the best piece of advice anyone can get when it comes to the "Can I, can't I" questions. I miss your posts, JM!

Journeyman said:
And the source of your current knowledge on 2 Int Coy recruiting policies, Greymatter?

I fail to see why you are pointing your finger at me.  You said 2 Int Coy does one thing, popnfresh says he was told something different.  Try focusing on this issue. 

My source of info comes from 6 Int Coy, with whom I was a liaison for several years, and is the same info as yours, which says that they can be recruited right off the street.  Which doesnt seem to match the reply that popnfresh was given.  Again, the focus is to find why he/she was told something different from known policy.

Your advice would also help if you would check up on how difficult it is for people with no knowledge of the military to check out reserve Int companies they might want to work for.  As someone with access to the Int branch, you do not have a problem calling the right number or using the military phone directory system.  Civilians looking for information do not have it so easy, especially since 9/11.  Not everyone lives right next door to the Int Coy in question.  The offices in question are usually in buildings with restricted access so the person making inquiries cannot just walk right in and ask their questions. Nearly all direct phone numbers have been removed from web pages so that no one can call the Int OR direct and ask to speak with someone.  When you ask an operator for the phone number to call, they themselves have trouble finding the right number.  Once you get the right number, there is usually no one in the office to answer.  In some cases there is an email link through Outlook, but that is to an anonymous person and not everyone feels comfortable communicating that way.  Overall, its not as easy to do as it is to say it.

Back