• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interview advice (merged)

My interview was not easy by any means, but it was quite enjoyable. I was told to keep in school (I‘m in 3rd year university) because I really should think about going for officer; I was also told (in more words) that I‘m pretty much the sort of person the CF is looking for, and that I interview well.

Please note that I have been on 3 real job interviews in my life -including this one- and I hate them. The CF interview was by far the most mentally stressful, but at the same time enjoyable. Be prepared to answer questions of a semi-personal nature: do you have a problem with a man or woman supervising you? with a person of different sexual orientation supervising you? working with members of the opposite sex/different sexual orientations? do you think society has become more liberal re: drug use? That sort of thing. Be honest, I‘m sure if they don‘t like answers to those sorts of questions you won‘t get far and you really shouldn‘t be in the CF.

All things said, do dress nicely, relax and talk with the recruiter, not at them and defintely not at the floor.

PS - Its even better when your recruiter is in-training and being supervised by an experienced recruiter!

Hi, I am going in on 24th November for the Interview part of the Application process for the Infantry Reserves. I was wondering if anyone could give me any hints or what not on what to expect in the Interview, like what kind of questions they will ask, and what kind of clothing i should wear? Thanks a bunch.

Militarygirl88

Wear whatever you like.  It's probably the easiest job interview you'll ever have, so don't get all worked up about it.  Just relax, listen to the questions, and think before you answer.

Thanks, 48Highlander
  Do think you could possibly give me any ideas as to what kind of questions will be asked? I also hear it is suppose to take about an hour in length? Again thanks for the help,  :salute:  :)

From what I recall, it is alot of questiong about yourself, mostly trying to determain if you are the type of person that will do well in the military. Like 48th said, in my experiance, the interview is the easier of the application procces. Out of curiousity, what unit are you trying to join??

Hmmm, ok.... thanks foerestedwarrior, :). The unit I am trying to join? It is the Royal Highland Fuisiliers of Canada, in Cambridge, Ontario.... I'm actually joining the Reserves as a co-op program, through my school,  :salute:
militarygirl88

actually i think we are the ones that wear the white pompom type things on our hats,  :p, i don't plan on staying with RHFC long i want to join Princess Partrica unit, , maybe or some Combat Engineer unit, if possible.  :salute:

They ask alot of questions about drugs. Which ones you have done and such. There is a sign in their that says if you lie you go to jail haha. For reg force they ask about if you're ready to leave home and such. It wasn't really much of an interview. I've had worse applying for mcdonalds in high school.

thanks for the info camochick, but i dont think i need to worry about the drug questions, seeing as how i have never done drugs, haha ;D

My wife just completed her interview this AM.   Like aforementioned, most questions about you personally and your goals (as well as drugs), how you made your selections and why you want to join.   Also why you are deciding to join now instead of right out of school.   A few questions on the military to see how much research you have done - like structure, what we do and where we go - no worries though, these are just to see what you know and get you thinking.

Cheers.   :warstory:

It says some or all. I personally filled it ALL out. Think back... at school was there abully or somthing and you showed courage by sticking up for the guy that was being bullied? I'd fill em all out, makes it look alot better.

Thanks tasker I never thought of it that way. I guess I should be able to fill them all out to. :salute:

Another question for people where and how long is recruit training?, and occupational training? (this is for reserves) I'm not sure if this has been asked but if it has can you send me to the link to the thread?

http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/engraph/reserve/websites_e.aspx

that link right there should give you all the info you need. Good Luck.

Thanks tasker thanks to those posts I was able to fill out the intire self preparation interview sheet!  :salute:

No Problem, Good Luck with it. Before you hand it in get someone to read through it just for some feedback.

Back