• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interview advice (merged)

Hey MethylSilane, is BOTP still on for RCMI on
Thursday? I haven‘t recieved any notices either
way.

As for the interview.. just be yourself, be honest
and open. Be aware of current events and its
always nice to have an opinion about it, especially
if it concerns the military. Remember full
disclosure of your life is a MUST!

Oh yeah, about the PT part.. Methyl‘s right too.
We‘re on the same course right now and the PT
is starting to really pick up. The better shape
you are in the better!

In the interview, I found the questions relatively easy and the atmosphere fairly relaxed.

I was told about the CF drug policies and asked whether I was a drinker or druggie or ever took the stuff.

The interviewer asked why I wanted to join the military, what trade I wanted, why I desired that trade, asked me a few questions about my resume and civialian skills related to the trade, and finished off asking if I had any other questions.

The medical I had previously was a "breathe and cough" with a few medical questions and history.

The CFAT testing sin‘t so bad but its nice to prepare for that kind of test. I‘d recommend doing the government online sample tests at
http://www.jobs.gc.ca/menu/ui_examinfo_e.htm
(PSAC site, Useful Info, Samle Tests) and get practiced up.

I‘ve yet to do the fitness test.

Good luck.

Bert: When you say "breathe and cough", is that the same as "turn your head and cough"?

No, I guess in the military, you don‘t turn your head. Somebody will snap it around for you. The stephascope (sp) is just a cold though.

Oh yeah, for the medical, the CF Physician‘s Assistant may ask you to go to a civilian doctor/eye doctor if necessary, check you over, and to sign a form saying you are medically fit for military. The CF Physician‘s Assitant will refer the file to the decision makers. :cool:

Hello everyone,
My file just came back from borden with my medical ok (it took 2 months) and my interview is this week, what should I expect and do they have to send my file back to Borden wich from what i understand will take another month to process?
If there is no openings for my first choice trade(291), should I prepare my interview for my second choice(215)??
Thank you

Here‘s some info on the interview. Its quoted from a post I made a few weeks ago over here

...The second test is really an interview. You‘ll sit down with an officer and he‘ll ask you why you want to be in the military and so on. Hang out around this forum and read the news articles that people often post here. The officer will want to see that you‘re up on current events, especially ones that are concerning the CF. Where has Canada deployed soldiers? What about that would-be bomber in Afghanistan? Whats going on in the Congo? Stuff like that. Be humble, but let them know you‘re into military-type stuff. You‘ll also be asked if you‘ve done drugs, been involved with the law, or have problems getting along with people - minorities in particular. They‘ll want to know about your hobbies and MAKE SURE you‘ll be able to give examples of where you‘ve shown leadership and responsibility. Be freindly and polite, dress in business attire, and do whatever else you‘d think is good for a job interview. The most important thing is to BE HONEST!!! You‘re better off admitting that you smoked a joint at a party, rather then letting the recruiters find out for themselves. Don‘t try and fool them, because they‘re psychologists and professional brain-pickers. Don‘t try and beat them at their own game...

nuforc:

your luck that you got this far..

I handed in my app a month ago and havent even been called yet.. :( I also picked 291 and 215.

What type of work are you looking to get into?

i‘m a network admin, hoping to get something in that field. i think i‘ll probably end up with 215 from what one of the recruiters told me
the whole process is very long, don‘t quit your job and don;t hesitate to call, i sure did not..good luck

yeah, I‘m also a network admin.. dont have a job since the IT industry in BC sucks :(

I‘ve got my MCSE/MCSA done interconnecting Cisco Network Devices course but havent gotten my CCNA yet.. anyhow.. I think im gonna do 215 also since it‘s more field work..

good luck

I got a recruiter calling me in the next few mins since their phone system is been upgraded. I want to talk to him about switching some of my MOCs..

i also have over 7 cert including mcse 2000 but the f.. is it worth in this economy now, i only have 7 years experience and ended going to interviews with guys with over 15 who are back on the job market, you should ask what the available positions are and please let us know
thanx

yeah I‘am gonna ask him what MOCs are open..

I do know 291 (Comm research) is closed. I don‘t know about 215 though..

My problem is, im 20 and have no admin job experiance, so like you say, I get overpassed. :(

hey everyone,
Just finished my interview today, the agent said he was giving me a favourable recommendation,is that good ???
looks i‘m heading toward sig op if i‘m lucky
291 comm serach is closed ,it might take up to a year to open fyi!

Way to go nuforc. :D
It sure as sh!t beats an unfavourable one. ;)
Good luck & keep us posted.

Sigs?? oh well,i guess not everyone can be 031.
:D
Aloha.

Congrats..

I got some good news of my own..

Finally got called to do the first step of my application..

Booked my Medical and CFAT...

Nice.

I‘ve got my Interview in 2-3 weeks, I need to relax a bit. Gotta stop having so many doubts, I love military history, I workout alot, Not a bad character never did drugs, or alcohol. Not racist or sexist, no medical problems ‘cept eyesight. I work hard and I‘ll feel like S*** if i dont get in. I been wanting to be in the army long time. :cdn:

Hey Arty and Nuforce and Dire , good luck with the tests!
The best advice I can give for the interview is
to just relax and be honest. They aren‘t going
to give you the 3rd degree. It‘s probably more
important to show that you are a person of
character.

Arty, are you going Reg for Reserve?

Thanks for the luck!

I‘m going to Reserves, I‘m 17, I‘ve been wanting to be in the Army ever since the first time I saw a soldier back in Turkey, that was years ago.

I‘m going to Reserves, I‘m 17, I‘ve been wanting to be in the Army ever since the first time I saw a soldier back in Turkey, that was years ago.
Interesting, what made you decide to go Artillery?

I picked up a pamphlet in school, Arty was the only one they had. I thought arty was all they had at Moss Park, so I went on the day that they‘re there. Talked to the Peeps, and got application. So thinking Infantry would be at another armoury, i decided to go for arty. I didnt know much. When it came to deciding what I wanted after CFAT, they told me I could join infantry at moss park. But since i‘d already gone through everything for arty, i decided to stick to it. But I intend to transfer to infantry hopefully in 1 or 2 years. Maybe a bit of cross training? :D

Back