• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IRP Policy on Extended Family on HHT/Move

exgunnertdo

Inactive
Reaction score
I have my consultation on Thurs and want some more facts before I go in...

The IRP 2006 (being used for 2007) policy states (very clearly) that you can use customized funding to bring an extended family member on the HHT and/or the move to help with child care.  Two of my course-mates have been told by their "consultants" that there is an email out that restricts that benefit to extended family that currently lives with you.  I can't find anything on the DCBA site, there is no policy bulletin released, no CANFORGEN.

Does anyone have knowledge of where to find that email/policy change? 

I have a problem with them issuing a book when I received my posting message and booked my consultation, telling me to read the book and plan my move, then changing the rules part way through the game.  Also, where is the transparency, if changes to the policy only come out by way of emails to the consultants?

Thanks.

My understanding is that the change is about 2 - 3 weeks old.

It is a pain that the rules are changing in the middle of HHT season, but there are far fewer changes this year than most.  Additionally, it is not the IRP folk that set the rules.  There is not much they can do.

I would definately check with my IRP Rep on that one, he/she is the one who {is supposed to} knows al that is going on.  It would be ill advised to collect {possibly} bad info and rumours here and get overly confused.
I do remember from my last move that money comes out of another packet to pay for your spouse to accompany you on HHT, but I do not remember anything about taking children along.  That's where the child care expense comes in.
My 0.02
Good Luck :salute:

Children are paid for (it is in the book).  The only thing that has changed is funding to bring extended family (like bringing grandma to watch the kids).  On this point, the book is wrong & the IRP consultant will have the right answer.

OK - here's the goods right from my consultant:

The new policy (contrary to what the book and website say):

You can use customized funding to bring extended family that currently reside with you on the HHT or move. (no change there, actually)

You can use personalized funding to bring extended family that do not live with you on the HHT and/or the move.

The email that my consultant gave me a copy of says that there will be a policy bulletin and CANFORGEN "soon" (the email was dated Apr 14th)  I have noticed that the IRP portion of the DCBA site has not been updated since July 06.  ::)

exgunnertdo said:
OK - here's the goods right from my consultant:

The new policy (contrary to what the book and website say):

You can use customized funding to bring extended family that currently reside with you on the HHT or move. (no change there, actually)

You can use personalized funding to bring extended family that do not live with you on the HHT and/or the move.

The email that my consultant gave me a copy of says that there will be a policy bulletin and CANFORGEN "soon" (the email was dated Apr 14th)  I have noticed that the IRP portion of the DCBA site has not been updated since July 06.   ::)

Their site won't be updated either...until Treasury Board Canada approves the changes.

This is actually a DCBS issue and not a treasury board issue.  This has already been approved so no matter how long a CANFORGEN takes these rules are already in place.

Back