• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is anyone else applying for a support trade?

wangman said:
Colta, you sound so adorable. I hope you and your husband can reunite soon :)

In other news, I won't be joining you guys as I just received my E-tech offer for the august 10th bmq.  :'(

Congrats wangman and thanks! lol...

Congrats wangman!!

Colta, you have got the right idea.  I have gotten used to being apart from my husband that it really is no big deal.  In fact, we often joke that we need the separation to keep our marriage intact, ha!  But 12 years later, still together.  And we'll survive this too I'm sure.

I hear ya on the kids and sleep deprivation.  It took years for my kids to sleep through the nights and I'd be awake in a second at the slightest sound.  I'm with you mellauren on the mommy ears.  I can sleep through all sorts of things but not my kids.  And maybe snoring, that could be problematic...

Thanks Pushpin... we just celebrated 11 years together on the 18th of June, we'll be married for 6 in August. We were high school sweethearts and moved in together right after highschool to go to college, so I've never been on my own before. It's been a challenging experience and not one that I've particularly enjoyed. I know that once we're back together it's going to be like we were never apart and things will settle down... but it's hard not to get down when it all feels so far away.
I'm really looking forward to bmq and the distraction it'll provide. It'll be nice to be busy and have something going on. We don't have kids (couldn't) so I've really only got our dog to keep me company. :p

Well another week of waiting done. I have one more week of work and then I get to go on holidays so hopefully the next two weeks go by fast and I'm distracted the whole time. Then that gets me past the next selection date. 

Yeah... I'm hoping to just make it on the merit list for the selection date. With my luck though I probably won't.  :brickwall:

I hear ya. Credit checked, not waiting for results from all of that. Next MSE Course is September so not to worried atm. That's 2 months away, and a lot can happen in 2 months. I still have a great full-time day to day job to keep me occupied, but being a truck driver it gives me lots of time to sit and think about all the what if's while im killing my 6-14 hour driving day lol.

Yeah... that's when I figure I'll (hopefully) get into BMQ. Should things not go well and it take another week or so to get my reliability screening done, I know there will be another selection some late July/Aug... so I'll get it sorted eventually, just hoping for sooner rather then later.
Fingers crossed I guess...

Colta, from the sounds of it you are in the exact spot as me, my interviewer said I have high chances of merit listed for the selection. I'm hoping that's what happens.
FarmerD, I know what you mean about a lot of time to think about the what if's. I think that's half the problem. Helps coming on here though.

Just sent in all my medical papers so Iam officially waiting now lol... Good times

mellauren said:
Colta, from the sounds of it you are in the exact spot as me, my interviewer said I have high chances of merit listed for the selection. I'm hoping that's what happens.
FarmerD, I know what you mean about a lot of time to think about the what if's. I think that's half the problem. Helps coming on here though.

If your interviewer's throwing positivity in your direction, I'd say there's no issue in having high hopes. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to dwell too much on the "what ifs". You guys sound like you're in a good spot.

:)

Now in my last week of my current job!  I have 3 weeks free between end of job and BMQ, however, looking at the loooooong list of items to get completed, I am wondering if it will be enough time!  It seems that time is passing by so very fast when I am trying to get things organized, but so slow sometimes too.  How to fit things in, like promising my parents that we will visit before I go off to Quebec, but the weekends are already filling up fast.....My daughter's 23rd birthday, my brother's wedding, birthday celebrations on my partner's side.....and in between, arranging finances, cleaning house, painting, shopping for kit items, PT and so much more.

Deskjockey43 sounds like you have a busy couple of weeks. I think that if/ when I get an offer chances are I'll end up working and training someone until the weekend before I leave lol. Though I might end up taking extra long lunches for extra PT. 
I'm really hoping that I get Aug 10th now. Gives me time for my parents to come out and visit. And that seems to be the BMQ that people are starting to get offers for.

mellauren said:

Yeah I am... though I haven't gotten the positive feedback from the person working on my reliability screening. I've gotten it from others in the recruitment staff though. I'm hoping against hope that I make it onto the merit list in time for the next selection. This bit of limbo has been the worst. I know once I'm merit listed it'll be more limbo, but at least then I know I have a chance at receiving a call... right now until I hit that list I don't, and it's driving me nuts.

Although I am not going for a support trade (I'm going Reg Force Infantry) I can empathize with the waiting. I have two waivers waiting to be either approved or denied but one thing I have found out while waiting is that I'm not as physically fit as I thought I am. I can do 7km run no problem but anything more and I struggle so that is my objective, breaking past that and going to 8 then 9 and so forth. Strength wise I can deadlift 250lb which is 105 lbs above my current weight, two more things I aim to build upon. Along with increasing the amount of push ups, chin ups, amount of weight I can ruck I have a lot of work ahead of me. I, and I think you all, should look at each day you don't know as a day you DO know you can do something. Go out for another run, learn how to stretch better, or work on something you do have control over.

deskjockey43 said:
Now in my last week of my current job!  I have 3 weeks free between end of job and BMQ, however, looking at the loooooong list of items to get completed, I am wondering if it will be enough time!  It seems that time is passing by so very fast when I am trying to get things organized, but so slow sometimes too.  How to fit things in, like promising my parents that we will visit before I go off to Quebec, but the weekends are already filling up fast.....My daughter's 23rd birthday, my brother's wedding, birthday celebrations on my partner's side.....and in between, arranging finances, cleaning house, painting, shopping for kit items, PT and so much more.
Tell me about it. I am also on the last week of my job now. I have a trip planned to BC, we had it planned before I got the offer. I have a bathroom I started painting that I need to finish tomorrow before work, I would like to paint my bedroom but most likely will have to wait. Oh I have also painted 1 wall downstairs, oh I also am repainting my house when I am back. On top of that I am stressing out a little that I will actually make through and that everything will be OK afterwords. Oh plus I still need to pack items, clean my house, put my clothes away that I will not need. So much and not enough time lol.

FortYorkRifleman said:
. think you all, should look at each day you don't know as a day you DO know you can do something. Go out for another run, learn how to stretch better, or work on something you do have control over.
I wish it was that easy. I would love to be able to go workout instead of thinking about waiting. Unfortunately most of the time I'm thinking is when I'm at work. (A lot of my job is not mentally challenging so it leaves my mind open to wonder)
Even now whenever I'm on here I'm at work, waiting for something to finish to move into the next and thinking do I go workout at lunch for 25 min or take a short lunch and workout after work and have an hour workout. (Think the sorry lunch/long workout wins)
So waiting and wondering lol
4 more work days till holidays though!!

Holidays spent working out and getting last minute things done.....

Trying to convince my other half to go to the cottage for at least two days while we both have time off.  Can swim around the island for PT :)

Back