• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Islamic Terrorism in the West ( Mega thread)

This woman should have been put down like the mad dog she is.  Photos at story link below.

Horror in Moscow as burka-clad babysitter 'decapitates four-year-old girl in her care' - then walks through streets carrying her severed head and shouting 'Allahu Akbar'
Eyewitnesses say they saw the woman holding the severed head of a child
She is said to have shouted 'Allahu Akbar' as she appeared close to station
Body of child aged four was found at a burnt-out block of flats earlier today
Child's nanny Gyulchehra Bobokulova, from Uzbekistan, has been arrested

ByJulian Robinsonand Will Stewart In Moscow for MailOnline

Published: 09:54 GMT, 29 February 2016 | Updated: 15:02 GMT, 29 February 2016

A burka-clad babysitter decapitated the little girl in her care before walking through Moscow carrying the child's severed head, police say.

The woman shouted 'Allahu Akbar' as she appeared near Oktyabrskoye Pole metro station in the northwest of the Russian capital and threatened to blow herself up.

It came hours after officers found the headless body of a four-year-old child when they were called to a fire at a block of flats in the city.

The victim was a girl identified as Nastya M - and the child's 38-year-old nanny Gyulchehra Bobokulova, from Uzbekistan, has been arrested.

The woman was seen pulling the severed head out of a bag and walking around near the entrance to the metro station as police moved in.

She is then said to have shouted that she had killed the child and was seen praying shortly before officers swooped.

According to local reports, she later told police she killed the girl because of her own husband's infidelity. Investigators immediately ordered a psychiatric test of the woman in a bid to understand her motives.

One eyewitness at the underground station told MK how the woman screamed: 'My child was killed…I will blow up everyone.' She also shouted: 'I hate democracy'.

A journalist working for RBC daily, said she had heard the woman screaming 'Allahu Akbar' (God is Great).

'I was on my way to the metro station from home,' Polina Nikolskaya said.

'She was standing near the metro entrance and caught my attention because she was screaming Allahu Akbar.

'I saw that she had a bloodied head in her arms, but I thought it was not real. People in the crowd said it was real.'

In further footage from the scene, the woman can be heard shouting about the end of the world while proclaiming herself a terrorist.

The station was closed to passengers for some time, but no explosives were found on her.

Dramatic footage shows the moment police sprinted in towards the woman and tackled her to the ground.

Emergency services had earlier been called to an apartment nearby amid reports of black smoke billowing out of windows.

Firefighters rescued four people and put out the blaze - but then found the child's beheaded body.

Investigators claim that the babysitter waited until she was along with the child in the apartment before carrying out the murder and starting a fire.

The source in the Investigative committee told TASS: 'She waited until the parents with the elder child left the flat, then for unknown reason she killed the child, set fire to the apartment and left the scene.

'She was detained at the metro station Oktyabrskoe Pole.'

The dead girl, who is said to have had learning difficulties and could not walk, had a 15-year-old brother. Her family, from the Oryol region, was renting the apartment.

She suffered damage because of birth problems in August 2011.

The family took her for treatment to China - and were saving money to travel for subsequent care in Germany.

The girl's mother, who works in a wedding shop, was rushed to hospital in an unconscious condition after learning of her daughter's death. The child's father is a technician at a mobile phone company.

The parents told police the nanny had been working for them for 18 month.

Sources say the babysitter told interrogators she did not want to hide from police, and aimed to draw maximum attention to what she has done.

She had not intended to ignite the flat deliberately and destroy evidence, she said, according to the source, and wanted the parents to know who had killed their daughter.

The woman had a valid residency permit for Russia but was working illegally. She had no work permit, said officials.

The nanny faces up to 20 years in jail if she is deemed psychologically fit to stand trial.

This afternoon, the investigation was taken over by the FSB, Russia's powerful domestic secret service, once headed by Vladimir Putin. Police are not currently treating the incident as terrorism.

LifeNews claimed: 'Investigators suspect that Gulchekhra had manic psychosis developing for a period of time.'

A law enforcement source said the woman was suspected of handling 'explosive elements' at the flat which was engulfed in flames.

But 'it might be an inflammable liquid that she used to set the apartment on fire where she killed four-year-old Nastya M.'

The security services are hunting for the woman's husband. A source said she may have been on 'light drugs'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3469100/Woman-black-burka-holding-child-s-severed-HEAD-shouting-Allahu-Akbar-shuts-metro-station-Moscow.html#ixzz41ZP0Pw2r
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Chris Pook said:
This article from Foreign Policy - quoted in its entirety. 

The basic premise is that the issue in France is one of youth looking for a justification to act radically - and Salafi Islam allows them to plead their conscience as justification for any and all anti-social acts.

Radical youth is not a new phenomenon in France (and some of the youth become radical old men and women).  In fact the whole of modern French society is based on a celebration of radicalism and revolution and insurgency.  Much like the US in fact.

Britain has seen its share of insurgencies (including my own family's Covenanting heritage as well as the Stewart insurgencies and the Parliamentarian insurgencies).  However different lessons were drawn in Britain and elsewhere.

Britain and the Northern Europeans generally reject insurrection and radicalism.  The southerners, having embraced it historically, are forced to legitimate it to justify their modern societies.

The Brits were raised to shudder at the thought of beheading the king.  The French and the Yanks (and the Russians) cheer.

That was an amazingly good read and analysis. In our community we have a saying, that I have heard.... so take with salt please... but... "Not all Salafi's are terrorists, but all terrorists are salafi's".

I will share this with some friends, if you dont mind. I enjoyed the read.

Abdullah

The Western version is "Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims".

Obviously, that is a generalization, and one that is unfair to a lot of Muslims - just as, quite likely I'm sure, the version that you quoted is unfair to a lot of Salafists.

I look at culture as well as religion - both are intertwined. I have a positive view of Afghans, for example, based upon my experience with them. I also recognize that other CF people have had less pleasant/positive experience with Afghans for various reasons.

I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt regardless of their country of origin or religion, but I've also spent a lifetime considering or dealing with threats. I recognize that, and attempt to maintain balance. I believe that all human lives are of equal value, until somebody clearly demonstrates through their actions that theirs is not.

I do not really care what a person's faith is (beyond generation of interesting and enlightening discussion, such as you have brought to this Site). I only care that it brings its holder comfort and joy, and that he or she can practise it as they see fit without interference and without interfering in others' practice of their faiths in return.

Loachman said:
The Western version is "Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims".

Obviously, that is a generalization, and one that is unfair to a lot of Muslims - just as, quite likely I'm sure, the version that you quoted is unfair to a lot of Salafists.

I look at culture as well as religion - both are intertwined. I have a positive view of Afghans, for example, based upon my experience with them. I also recognize that other CF people have had less pleasant/positive experience with Afghans for various reasons.

I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt regardless of their country of origin or religion, but I've also spent a lifetime considering or dealing with threats. I recognize that, and attempt to maintain balance. I believe that all human lives are of equal value, until somebody clearly demonstrates through their actions that theirs is not.

I do not really care what a person's faith is (beyond generation of interesting and enlightening discussion, such as you have brought to this Site). I only care that it brings its holder comfort and joy, and that he or she can practise it as they see fit without interference and without interfering in others' practice of their faiths in return.

The Version I quoted is unfair and wrong headed. I need to stop being a hypocrite.

I've had many run in with those who follow the Salafi madhab that have done more to combat extremism, then I have and yet I still propagate the idiocy I wish to combat.

Mayhap i need to reform myself

Abdullah

AbdullahD and others with strong understanding in history,

whats your take on this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y

And now the Liberals want to give Canadian citizenship back to the convicted terrorist leader of the Toronto 18, Zakaria Amara, who is a Jordanian by whatever rock he crawled out from under.  Way to go, lefties. >:(               

Cue their Sycophant drum beaters to wave the Kumbaya flag of Universal One-ness... along with their usual appeaser dance of victory over the hated Cons.

Citizen Terrorist

E.R. Campbell said:
Look here ... the real problem, according to MacLean's magazine is ...
[lol:  :rofl: engineers!!!  :cheers:  :blotto:  :nod:

To be fair to most Engineers, were they "real" Engineers or just the sandbox equilivant of Devry graduates.

ArmyRick said:
AbdullahD and others with strong understanding in history,

whats your take on this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y

Sorry I am not huge into history, I just know a few things to debunk common misconceptions. I am currently unable to watch the link, but if you can provide a summary of his arguememt I will give any opinions I have.

But again, Im not a historian by any yardstick. (full disclaimer I did study canadian history for a year in university)

Abdullah

I will try to give you a breakdown of what is said but I will need a pen and paper because its very in depth.

jollyjacktar said:
To be fair to most Engineers, were they "real" Engineers or just the sandbox equilivant of Devry graduates.

The (so-far only) comment following that article makes a lot of sense:

"A lot of non-engineering types seem to think that engineers are regular people that went to a weird school and learned stuff. This article alludes to that… does being an engineer make people predisposed to terrorism, or do people predisposed to terrorism gravitate to engineering? The answer is neither. People are born engineers. There is, in fact, a strong correlation between being a successful engineer and being on the Autism spectrum. It’s genetic. Yes, we tend to be a strange lot, we don’t think like “regular” people, and that way of thinking happens to make us good engineers. It does not make us terrorists. There is, however, another possibility.

"While I’m not particularly interested in doing the math, there is one element not considered in this article: failure. Engineering is not particularly welcoming of failures, even those failures that manage to muddle through the schooling. It’s pretty easy to tell a good engineer from a pretender, and the good ones, more often than not, don’t have the social skills to comfort the pretenders.

"A great many people muddle through life with a sub-optimal career choice, ending up in jobs that they aren’t particularly good at and don’t particularly like. Engineering types that wind up in care-giver careers may be lousy at it, but at least they’re surrounded by people with empathy. The care-givers that end up in engineering… not so lucky. Further, true engineers, faced with the reality that they did make a lousy career choice, are more likely the type that will, well, re-engineer things and start over. The pretend engineers are more often the type that will blame others for their misery and then go off to change the world instead of themselves.

"When I look at what terrorists do… I think those people are failures, first in engineering but also in life. I mean, they’re idiots. If real engineers got into terrorism there would be a lot more dead people. Or, looking at it another way, the REAL terrorists are the engineers working for the military industrial complex. They’re the ones that make stuff that actually works. They make the stuff that actually kills a lot of people, that actually does overthrow governments and change the world. The pretenders are trying to sew bombs into their underwear, and even failing at that.

"Yes, many of those idiot terrorists had engineering degrees, but I suspect few of them could have held their own working with real engineers. Further, I suspect that if they had tried, they would have blamed the engineers for making them look bad, their schools for not preparing them properly, and everyone else for not being sympathetic to their situation. The correlation is that terrorists are losers, and it’s easier to lose when you try to play engineer. Real engineers take the blame when things they do go wrong; real losers blame other people for their failings.

"Bringing this home, the École Polytechnique Massacre is a perfect example. Marc Lépine may have been in engineering school, but he was no engineer. For this study, he probably wasn’t classified as a terrorists but only because he was too stupid to wrap himself in some kind of ideological flag. He just blamed women for making him look bad. If he had gone to acting school instead, or maybe studied political science, he might have had a reasonable life, probably flipping burgers and surrounded by people that offer shoulders to cry on. But no, he tried to be an engineer. Surrounded by people that think differently, that think like real engineers, and that don’t even realize that failure in the corner might actually need a bit of human compassion, not that they’d know how to give it if they did notice.

"There seems to be a correlation between engineering degrees and terrorism. I say it’s because losers predisposed to terrorism are more likely to have their failures become obvious when they try to be engineers. People that fail at a non-engineering careers will have an easier time and are thus less likely to blame the world and radicalize, even if predisposed to it. I suspect the difference is enough to skew the statistic to this correlation."

This calls to mind the adage:

Q. What does an engineer use as a birth control device?

A. His personality.

Thats right Old Sweat. As the old joke goes:

Engineer 1 (on campus) to Engineer 2: "Wow! Nice new bike, where did you get it?

E2 to E1: You wont believe this, I was crossing the commons from the Science lab when this beautiful blonde on a bike stops in front of me, throws her bike to the ground, takes off all her clothing and tells me: Take what you want!!!

E1 to E2: Good choice, the clothes probably wouldn't have fit you.

ArmyRick said:
I will try to give you a breakdown of what is said but I will need a pen and paper because its very in depth.

Hi Sir

I managed to get to wifi and watched a bit of this chap, I have to admit I turned it off after a while. I disagree with a lot of what he is saying, even in the first few minutes he has created debatable and/or false arguments with no proof.

Of course some of what he says is true, but I do not have time to debunk everything he has misrepresented. It is basically from what I saw the same stuff you find on troll websites like AnsweringIslam.com or whatever it is called.

When I get home if you wish I will tell you off some books I have that are very good, in my opinion. in the meanwhile,  if you wish, Mufti Menk spent 30 hours give or take doing a youtube series on the life of the prophet... feel free to watch that if interested.

Of course with all things in history, you have my version, their version and what the truth is. So take my side as extremely pro-Islam if you will, then look at the other side and see what seems true to you.

Thanks for your time.
Abdullah

Many will find this unconscionable.

Reproduced under the Fair Dealings provisions of the Copyright Act.

RCMP not charging jihadis who say 'sorry'
The SUN
BY ANTHONY FUREY, POSTMEDIA NETWORK
FIRST POSTED: TUESDAY, MARCH 08, 2016 07:28 PM EST | UPDATED: TUESDAY, MARCH 08, 2016 07:35 PM EST

The RCMP is focusing on "direct interventions" with the dozens of known jihadis on Canadian soil, instead of laying charges, Commissioner Bob Paulson has revealed.

CSIS director Michel Coulombe told a Senate committee on Monday there are currently 60 Canadians known to have returned home from going abroad to participate in terrorist activities. Their activities range from engaging in paramilitary exercises to providing logistical support to receiving jihadist education and training. On top of this, there are another 180 Canadians who remain abroad for such purposes and could eventually return home.

According to the Criminal Code, leaving the country or attempting to leave to participate in terror is illegal.

"If we're not getting the evidence, are we satisfying the safety issues by surveillance and other techniques while we collect the evidence or are there alternative ways of keeping communities safe by direct interventions with the individual or his family?" RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson told reporters following his testimony Tuesday before the House of Commons public safety and security committee.

In some cases it appears the RCMP is simply choosing not to lay charges based on expectations that the individual won't further pursue terrorist activities.

"In other cases, we've assessed that they're back, they're sorry, they're working to try to get their heads straight and we're relying on family members or other professionals," Paulson added.

A Senate report from 2015 recommended the government enforce the Criminal Code. It appears the Liberals agree.

"Where the grounds exist for specific legal action that action will be taken," public safety minister Ralph Goodale said Tuesday. "If people have committed offences under Canadian law, then the appropriate legal consequences need to flow."

Goodale would not comment on any specific cases.

- with files from David Akin

More on LINK.

Looks like there was an "incident" in Brussels, guess it must have a rough neighbourhood too...    Shared under the fair dealings provisions of the copyright act.

Brussels raid over Paris attacks: Dead gunman was Algerian national

A terrorism suspect shot dead in a raid in a Brussels suburb on Tuesday has been identified as Algerian national Mohamed Belkaid, officials say.

He was killed by snipers while trying to fire at police from an apartment window in the suburb of Forest.

Four officers were wounded in the raid. Police are still hunting two suspects who were in the apartment.

The raid was linked to an investigation into the jihadist attacks in Paris that killed 130 people last November.

The so-called Islamic State (IS) militant group said it carried out the attacks.

According to the prosecutors' spokesman, an IS flag was recovered from the apartment raided on Tuesday, along with Salafist (ultra-conservative Islamic) literature and Kalashnikov ammunition.

The spokesman told reporters that Belkaid was born in 1980 and had been living in Belgium illegally. He was not known to the authorities except for one case of robbery.

Police went to search an apartment in Forest on Tuesday afternoon. As they entered, they were fired upon by at least two occupants, the spokesman said.

While Belkaid was shot dead that evening, two suspects who were with him managed to escape and became the subject of a police manhunt.

The prosecutor's spokesman said further searches were carried out near the apartment, and more ammunition was recovered.

Two men arrested later - including one who was brought to hospital with a broken leg - have since been released without charge.

Much of Forest was under lockdown on Tuesday, including schools and kindergartens.

Belgium's De Standaard newspaper (in Dutch) quotes its sources as saying that investigators had been expecting to raid a safe house used in connection with the Paris attacks.

They had not expected the flat to be occupied, as its water and electricity had been disconnected for some time.

Officials have identified most of the people they believe to have carried out the assaults on 13 November - many of whom were based in Brussels.

Most of the suspects either died during the attacks or were killed in later police raids.

Parts of Brussels were sealed off for days after the Paris massacre amid fears of a major incident. Brussels police have carried out a series of raids.

French police also took part in Tuesday's operation in Brussels. One of the officers wounded in the raid was a French policewoman, officials said.

What happened in Forest on Tuesday?
■Six police officers - four Belgian and two French - go to a house in the Rue du Dries at 14:15 (13:15 GMT) local time
■After opening the apartment door, the officers are fired at by at least two people. Three of the officers are slightly wounded, including a French female police officer
■The police are able to retreat safely and call for back up. In the hours that follow, bullets are fired from the apartment - in one instance, slightly injuring a Belgian officer
■A suspect later identified as Mohamed Belkaid is killed by a police sniper as he tries to open fire from a window of the apartment. His body is later found in the flat. Beside him is a Kalashnikov and a book on Salafism
■Two suspects believed to be present in the flat manage to escape the scene and a manhunt begins
■Another house is searched in the Rue de l'Eau in Forest, where a Kalashnikov is found. Further houses and car parking areas are searched with no results
■At about 20:15 an injured man is brought to hospital in Halle with a broken leg and undergoes immediate surgery. He is arrested after a person who came with him flees the scene
■A man is taken in for questioning at a house in Chaussee de Neerstal in Forest
■Both men are later released without charge

Information provided by the Belgian prosecutor's office on 16 March 2016

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35817793

jollyjacktar said:
Looks like there was an "incident" in Brussels, guess it must have a rough neighbourhood too...   

:stirpot:    ;D

Back