• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Island antique shop even has a fighter jet for sale

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
Only $60k.... I can sense that there are some wives of retired RCAF members on this forum who are suddenly afraid ;)

Island antique shop even has a fighter jet for sale​

If you’ve driven by Chemainus lately, you might have noticed a new addition by the roadside: a Canadair CT-133 Silver Star jet.

web1_jet-1

A CT-133 Silver Star is set up at the Highway Antique Barn near Chemainus. KEVIN SMITH A CT-133 Silver Star is set up at the Highway Antique Barn near Chemainus.

In the market for a Canadian Air Force jet? Never used in combat, flown only for training purposes.

Kevin Smith, owner of the Highway Antique Barn on the Trans-Canada Highway near Chemainus, has a deal for you.
“Everything is for sale,” Smith said from his shop on Monday.

The Canadair CT-133 Silver Star has been mounted outside the popular shop and an observation deck expanded so that curious onlookers can get a closer view of the aircraft.

Smith, who recently acquired the store — a 5,500-square-foot antique mall with about 60 vendors — said he bought the jet as a way to draw in shoppers.
“I was looking at my advertising budget and nothing was working,” he said. “So I bought a plane and just put it out there

“Suddenly, I’m seeing buses turning around and coming in for a look.”

But, he said, for $60,000 anyone can take it away — “as long as it stays in Canada.”

Back