• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Issued Knee (and elbow) pads?

like I said before, I used to sew a piece inside one pair of cbts. Those were the field pants. Once I got the issued new pads, I just wore it.

Even with the limitations of the new ones, I still recommend troops use them (if they can get them in the correct size  ::) ). Why spend your own money? And, chances are, when you deploy, you're not going to be allowed to wear your own, anyway. For insurance purposes, if nothing else.

Unless there is a specfic CQB DA need - I much prefer the 5.11 foam inserts -- I wear them daily at work, range and CQB

Of course I am the 5.11 poster child ;)

We got aftermarket ones from a local supply shop www.proamoutfitters.com  when we were given hell lfor wearing them we put them under out combats.  The aftermarket ones fit great and are cheap

Canex in Gagetown was selling some sort of CADPAT pads... I did'nt get a closer look. Can some one comfirm with me?

Quote from: MikeH on July 13, 2006, 21:18:57
I agree with using one knee pad .What if they had the knee pads sewn in the pants like a piece of square shaped light weight  foam of some kind with a zipper to pull them out if you didn't need or want them in.

Good idea, but sometimes that zipper may cause more damage to the knee.  Use velcro to keep pocket closed, like the pocket inside the Cbt Shirt.

Drop Zone Ops pants are designed with a pocket in the knees for foam or knee pads, the Alta's fit perfectly in them :D

i brought some volleyball knee pads like these

http://img.shopping.com/cctool/PrdImg/images/pr/177X150/00/01/d7/43/c8/30884808.JPG

they are very confortable under your pants : u dont need to tell anyone u have these ...  :)

Back