• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Issued Weapons

• Thread starter wannabe-infantry-guy
  • Start date
W

wannabe-infantry-guy

When you are issued your weapon, lets say it‘s a C7, will that be your weapon for the entire time you serve? If not, how long do you get same weapon for?

It depends, on course you sign for a C7, and everything else is passed around. Everyone gets their turn humping around all the kit, just so everyone can appreciate their weapons more. In the regs, you are given weapons based on a few factors, Pl strength (all C9‘s go, if there are not enough troops turn in your C7 for a C9), QL4( only a QL4 MG will get the C6), fitness level ( you do not give your Pl weapons to weak individuals...it is a added responsibility given to the best soldiers( only on courses do we give the C9, C6, mortar, 84m to the weak troops in order to have them rise to the challenge or in order to have them re-evaluate themselves). You will also see 9mm, M72, possibily a C3/C8. In the end you will know them all like your best friend.

If you get into the infantry you will handle every weapon that the CF has to offer...eventually. This will include many foreign weapons. The longer that you stay in, the more that you will be exposed to.

In the regular force, weapons are maintained on each company‘s distribution account. When you arrive in a battalion and are assigned to a company, you will be issued with a personal weapone which normally remains assigned to you until you change companies.

As a new infantry soldier, you are likely to remain in the same company for up to three years. When you go on course, you will sign for a new weapon at the training school which will be yours for the duration of the course. Normally, your company weapon will remain assigned to you in your absence.

In the CF, weapons are treated as unit property, not personal property -- as opposed, for example, to the RCMP where your service revolver is issued at depot and often remains with you during your entire career.

Enjoy the infantry!

Mark Towhey

Hey Mr Towhey,

Good to see you around again. You‘ve been a very quite persona on the internet for a while. Look forward to more lively debates.

Infanteer

Hi infanteer...

Thanks for the welcome back. Been busy the last many months... hope to have a few minutes every now and then to pop in here for a look.

Just getting used to the new trim here... site looks good.

Cheers,

Mark

Always a Guard "It depends, on course you sign for a C7, and everything else is passed around" what exactly do you mean? please explain.

"...give your Pl weapons to weak individuals...it is a added responsibility given to the best soldiers."

I will have no problem passing the physical test, but I not a big buff person. Does this mean I will not be issued the C9 or C6? Since I am smaller, I would prefer the C7 or C8 anyways. Will my size and strength be a factor?

no it will not be a factor. you‘ll have your turn humping the c9 and c6. get it in ya...it beats the 84 though :warstory:

I wouldn‘t worry about what weapon you‘re gonna get when you join, or what the food tastes like, or what life in the army is like overall, wannabe-infantry-guy.

Once you are loaded on a course, it‘s probably more important to look sharp, keep your wits about you, and be on the ball all the time. Sleep when you can. Eat when offered food. Pay attention in class and learn the drills, especially your infantry drills.

You will need to know a whole bunch of stuff to be an infantry soldier, and they will teach you everything you need to know. Just bring your ears and eyes, and emtpy out some space in your head to make room for it all.

Section attacks, defensive ops, tank hunting, 60mm mortar, act as a scout, the list goes on and on.

And yeah, try not to get stuck carrying the Carl Gustav.

Unless things have changed...50 cals are only vehicle mounted or used in defensive positions...i know the Tac50 is around but there are so few of them they won‘t be seen too often

Back