• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

It‘s Official :D

shaun_bougie

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that I too am now a member of the elite :D I was sworn in this afternoon. :D It‘s a great feeling for sure knowing that I am now a part of this great military organization. To all those still waiting, keep your heads up high. You‘ll see the light at the end of the tunnel better that way. It‘s sometimes a really long wait but it is definately worth waiting for. I leave for Basic on Monday. So I‘ll be there for 10 Weeks. I‘ll try as much as I can to post on the forum whenever I can about what I am going through and experiencing. I‘ll be keeping a daily journal while I‘m there to try and stay sane. I‘ll post the results of that on a website when I‘m done and I‘ll post the link here. That way if anyone has any questions about basic, they can refer to that for some help or guidance. Hope to hear from you all soon and best of luck too all of you.
:cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn:

PS I posted earlier in a different topic but I think that topic might have been exhausted because no one replied :( I really wanted to share my happiness and let everyone know what was going on. I leave Monday, May 10th at 10 in the morn for St. Jean.

good job man, hopefully i‘ll be there soon 2.
How long did it take after the inter/med and such befor you got sworn in?

Originally posted by Baskin:
[qb] good job man, hopefully i‘ll be there soon 2.
How long did it take after the inter/med and such befor you got sworn in? [/qb]
Not that long really. September or October to now, so 7-8 months. I had a little bit of a longer process to go through for MP because they thrown in the MPAC which adds a step to the process. But then again, I seem to be falling into the average.

-Remeber not to take any shortcuts to save time. Your instructors having been recruits and taught recruits know all the little tricks.

-Always meet your timings. 5 seconds late is just as bad as 5 hours

-Do everything your told. If your told to polish your boots every night and shave every morning then do exactly that and you wont have any problems. People always get caught when they get lazy and say ‘well my boots look okay idont need to pilish them again‘ or ‘i think i can get away with not shaving today‘.

Good luck

Congrats Shaun !
I leave for basic on may 10th too.
My course number is 0151 what‘s yours ?

Mat-V

Course # 0151 is mine :) I‘m leaving Timmins at 10 and I‘ll be in St. Jean around 4 (landing in Montreal at 1511. Hope to see you there! :D

Bet you‘re happy to leave the sticks :p

I lived there from ‘93-‘98, in a sweet log house on a lake :D .

Good luck on your basic, and always keep a positive attitude - your buddies may look at you strangely, but you will find that nothing gets you down if you look at the bright side of everything - just don‘t be obnoxious.

Kirkpatrick,

I‘m pretty anxious to leave the sticks :) Not much to do in Northern Ontario, but it‘s still nice here and when given the chance I will be back for sure. Can‘t live without the hunting, fishing, snowmobiling and overall slow pace to life compared to a really fast paced life. Basic is going to be a great experience and I‘m sure most of the skills I‘ve picked up here will help me through the course. Can‘t wait to be there :D

Back