• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jagmeet Singh, probably the biggest political loser?

It’s also a clue to how much Canadians want an early election rather than next year:

and to that I say, have a snoop at his

Canadians are itching for an election.

@dimsum you try so desperately to find any little straw or flake of truth to try and prop your very left leaning view or simply attack the CPC, its very noticable. Just be much more open about it, its very insulting when you pretend your center, neutral or not biased.

Now, in 2024/25, Canadians are simply tired of Justin Trudeau; but who can replace him? Remember, by LPC custom, it must be an Anglo: Laurier; King; St Laurent; Pearson; Trudeau; Turner; Chrétien; Martin; Dion; Ignatieff; Trudeau ... so Carney? LeBlanc? Freeland? Anand? Fraser?
Why does it have to be the Anglos' turn when the party is headed for the opposition benches?

Aside from Turner - who didn't sit in the House as PM - look how far back you have to go before finding a Liberal PM who wasn't from QC. The country doesn't need it's PM to be from QC more than half the time.

@dimsum you try so desperately to find any little straw or flake of truth to try and prop your very left leaning view or simply attack the CPC, its very noticable. Just be much more open about it, its very insulting when you pretend your center, neutral or not biased.
Hey, if we’re going to go there, I’m game. Everyone has a bias, conscious or not - we can see it here on the forum.

As I’ve said before, I would have voted for an O’Toole-led CPC last election. But he didn’t win the leadership, and the CPC has gone right of what an O’Toole-led party would have done. I personally think that he would have steered the CPC back to the middle but Poilievre has not.

So no, I’m not going to vote for the CPC this time around. And if you want to call me the “loony left” or whatever, have at ‘er.

Canadians never want an election, so it seems. Read into it what you want
Hardly a representative sampling.
The other option was phone call or door-to-door. How many people under the age of 45 will answer surveys in either category?

God forbid they finally use a method that most people in that generation and below have grown up using as their primary means of communication.

The other option was phone call or door-to-door. How many people under the age of 45 will answer surveys in either category?

God forbid they finally use a method that most people in that generation and below have grown up using as their primary means of communication.
I have a doorbell camera. I ignore anyone at my door carrying a clipboard or tablet. Similar for phone surveys, just FWIW.

Sampling my generation is probably challenging for pollsters.

Hey, if we’re going to go there, I’m game. Everyone has a bias, conscious or not - we can see it here on the forum.

As I’ve said before, I would have voted for an O’Toole-led CPC last election. But he didn’t win the leadership, and the CPC has gone right of what an O’Toole-led party would have done. I personally think that he would have steered the CPC back to the middle but Poilievre has not.

So no, I’m not going to vote for the CPC this time around. And if you want to call me the “loony left” or whatever, have at ‘er.

The CPC has not "gone right"... they've just moved left much slower than the other parties.

So you're implying you will be voting. You can't vote Bloc. Well, you can, but I don't recall you being from Quebec. That leaves greens, NDP and trudeau liberals. I don't recall you banging on Lizzy's drum for her, so I'll surmise your vote will be for the trudeau liberals or Singh’s NDP. Which is your choice, of course. I now have a better measure of where you stand and where you want our counrty to go. I appreciate the insight. Thanks.

Full disclosure. I will be voting Conservative, as I have my whole life.

Back