• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

James Blunt - Musician

kcdist

Inactive
Reaction score
I just bought a CD by James Blunt titled 'Back to Bedlam'

I had seen an interview the other day on MuchMusic that outlined his past as a former Captain in the Horse Guards of the Household Cavalry.

The fellow got out in 2002 after serving about five years, including a tour in Yugo in '99. His last posting was the Ceremonial Guard at Buckingham Palace.

I bought the CD out of curiosity and to support a former member, however, it's actually quite good. It includes the single "You're Beautiful" which is getting a lot of airplay, as well as a great song called "No Bravery" that is based on the atrocities he witnessed in Yugo.

His lyrics are that of a deep thinker. The music is more acoustic...definitely not hard rock or 'pop'.

At $13.99 at Wal-Mart, it would make a great Christmas Gift for the soldier that has everything. 

Saw him live at Wedgewood Rooms in Portsmouth this summer, he's quite good in person when it's just his accoustic, the place was absolutely packed though as his single "Beautiful" was on constant repeat on most of the radio stations in the UK for the summer.

Also bough his live in London album off of Itunes as well as Back to Bedlam in CD form, really laid back and spacey kind of music I definetly reccomend him.

The wife thinks he's 'dreamy'.

I think he's just as short and ugly as any other zipperhead I've ever met.

kcdist said:
The wife thinks he's 'dreamy'.

I think he's just as short and ugly as any other zipperhead I've ever met.

And i think that was racist.

???

Do you know what a zipperhead is?

Hint: It's not a race

I know its not a race, but i have heard it used many times by people at work in a negitive way towards asians.

Interesting.  I've never heard it used as a racist term.  Must be a new one.  ::)

My bad, like i said in the above post, Ive heard it used in a negative way towards Asians... i guess different people have different meanings for it, i Apologize, to you. :salute:

Needless to say, wish i had a delete thread option for my own posts.  :-X

I've never been called a Zipperhead in the context of my ethnicity. But either way, I am proud to be both. Even the short part...we aren't too bad lookin' though if you look hard enough.

James Blunt...heard his "Beautiful" song so many damn times on the radio it makes my eardrums bleed. Not to mention it's kind of depressing...reminds me of my sad...lonely self... :crybaby:

When I first heard him I thought it was a women. (just had to add that in)

Bought it as a gift for D9er... so far, so good...

he was on SNL last night (in Hi Def :) )  - pretty good performance.

Interesting character - don't really like his music too much, but reading his bio, I may download a few of songs:

From http://www.popstarsplus.com/music_jamesblunt.htm (italics added)
Blount (the name was changed for his music career) was born at a British Army hospital, the son and grandson of senior army officers. He was sent to board at Elstree School aged seven, and at thirteen was accepted into Harrow School. While there, and aged only sixteen, he became one of the youngest holders of a UK Private Pilot Licence. He read aeronautical engineering at Bristol University on an army bursary which required him to enlist on graduation. He joined the Life Guards the senior regiment in the British Army. During his four years service he was promoted to Captain with the British Army and served as a NATO peacekeeper in Kosovo, one of the first to enter those areas where war crimes had been committed. It was this experience that led to his writing of the song "No Bravery". After his tour of duty in Kosovo he was sent to Switzerland where he became the captain of the Household Cavalry downhill ski team. One of his final duties in the army before retirement was the funeral of the Queen Mother on April 9, 2002, where he carried her coffin. He has said that he had been shot at more times than 50 Cent. (Nyhetsmorgon interview on TV4)

Oops. That'll teach me not to Search first. Sorry Mods!  :-[

I wonder what his old troops are saying now...

I have only heard a short commercial for his song "you're beautiful' and I wince and cover my ears every time I hear it. It's too squeaky and BeeGee like for me. *ducks and runs for cover* from all the *cough* BeeGee fans  :p

Not trying to necropost..But A friend forward me this today and since I hadn't seen this anywhere else I post. As always with the usual caveats

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11753050

Back