• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

january basic?

jermeytinling

Inactive
Reaction score
hey guys I'm sorry if this has been asked before. but i cant find anything on it in the search bar. i was wondering if anyone new the exact date of the basic in January 2006? :CD:

Hi ,
For officers I know it is January 10. i'm going on that date.

I've been given my dates as 09 Jan 2006 to 24 Mar 2006 for winter bmq. I believe that will take place in Borden.

I am leaving for it in jan 9th if i remember correct. Wish it was this month!!

For 09 Jan 06 bmq I believe I will fly on 7th or 8th of January.

st-jean
0234 E et 0235 F 09 Janvier â “ 24 Mars 06
0236 E et 0237 E 23 Janvier â “ 07 Avril 06
0238 E et 0239 F 30 Janvier â “ 14 Avril 06
BMQ (Det Borden)             
0255 â “ 0256 09 Janvier â “ 24 Mars 2006
0257 â “ 0258 16 Janvier â “ 31 Mars 2006
officer
Pilot (10 weeks) 0067 E - 0068 E 10 Janvier â “ 17 Mars 2006
        0069 E - 0070 F 16 Janvier â “ 17 Mars 2006

Bullit said:
st-jean
0234 E et 0235 F 09 Janvier â “ 24 Mars 06
0236 E et 0237 E 23 Janvier â “ 07 Avril 06
0238 E et 0239 F 30 Janvier â “ 14 Avril 06
BMQ (Det Borden)             
0255 â “ 0256 09 Janvier â “ 24 Mars 2006
0257 â “ 0258 16 Janvier â “ 31 Mars 2006
officer
Pilot (10 weeks) 0067 E - 0068 E 10 Janvier â “ 17 Mars 2006
        0069 E - 0070 F 16 Janvier â “ 17 Mars 2006

Thank you.

I got 'THE CALL' today!!!!

See you on the 9th of Jan (to March 24th) in Borden!

Thanks to everyone for all the info on the site. Especially kincanucks.  :salute:

dk said:
I got 'THE CALL' today!!!!

See you on the 9th of Jan (to March 24th) in Borden!

Thanks to everyone for all the info on the site. Especially kincanucks.   :salute:

Congrats man!!  It's going to be KILLING you to wait that long..I have 10 days left to wait and they're going by WAYYY to slow! Goodluck not dying of anticipation before the actual day you arrive.

Goodluck man

I finally got the call, I am in Borden Jan 9th 2006.

I phoned Monday morning at 9:30 after work, the lady that I talked to stated that I was still on the list for the selection board and that I should phone back in a month.

A few hours later I get a phone call from another recruiter with the job offer for infantry (RCR), of course I accepted.

So I am at work now, starting to get tired, because I was unable to sleep after the phone call....lol

So for pilot there is a different basic eh? Anybody here on that? I put in for my component transfer to pilot a month ago, have the interview this week or next, and was told if I do ok I may have an offer within the month, and it would be possible to be in quebec in january. Just wondering if anybody else going pilot has heard about january yet?

But, as my experience has been (in the army so far)...we'll just see what happens before anything more is said.  ^-^

Chris

SteveMacneil said:
I finally got the call, I am in Borden Jan 9th 2006.

I phoned Monday morning at 9:30 after work, the lady that I talked to stated that I was still on the list for the selection board and that I should phone back in a month.

A few hours later I get a phone call from another recruiter with the job offer for infantry (RCR), of course I accepted.

So I am at work now, starting to get tired, because I was unable to sleep after the phone call....lol

Congrats on getting a job in infantry with RCR. I got the call last monday. Was offered an infantry position with RCR too. Will be flying out on Nov. 18th to St. Jean and finishing up on the 24th of February.

Where are you going for your Basic?

My favorite question still...

"are you still interested in joining the CF?"

I felt like saying "FKUC YEAH"....

Congrats everyone.

ThatsLife said:
I have 10 days left to wait and they're going by WAYYY to slow!

Haha - cherish those days and spend them wisely...  :salute:

alexpb, I am doing my BMQ in Borden, which my wife likes, shorter drive for me to drive home and for her to come to visit me.

I also have family that is in the area.

Cheers!

Hey congrats to you guys who got the call. I'm applying for Combat Engineer and Infantry. I'm doing my PT test next Monday and then waiting for the call. I'm curious though, do combat arms applicants do BMQ in Borden as well as St Jean? I looked up some other threads and they seemed to say that only specific trades go to Borden for BMQ.

Good Luck!

dk said:
My favorite question still...

"are you still interested in joining the CF?"

I felt like saying "FKUC YEAH"....

Congrats everyone.

I couldn't have said it any better myself!  I got the call at work (my cell got the mesage and I called back on break).  Im doing basic (RCR Infantry) at Borden from Jan 9- March 14 too and I still feels like I'm on top of the world!.  I know it's too soon to say such things but all I feel is... Pride. Like I finally get to do what I've always wanted to do. Be there, serve my Country... Granted, do my BMQ first, but still.  It just felt REALLY REALLY GOOD to get the call.

- Spade.

Can't wait to meet you guys there.

C

Back