• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

january basic?

WOLVERINE_X said:
Yes I'am single - so does that leave me with 2 options only = Shacks / residence. I take it you have been part of the CF for some time, what would you suggest?

Shacks are cheap !  You are going to move after your QL3 anyways.  And if you fail your QL3...you are not stuck in a lease or anything like that.

...and if you start out in the shacks...you can always change you mind

I got the call today! Infantry RCR, and I'm going on the 9th of January!! It was insanely quick, I only did my final test (PT) last week. He said I'm going to St. Jean, although I wish I could go with all you guys in Borden (Heck, I live 20 minutes from the place!). How odd. Ah hell, I don't give a %&@#, I'm in the CF! See ya guys there!  :evil:

hey guys, just thought id update ya, i got my call, 031 ppcli,  sworn in dec 13 in Calgary, and my basic is on January 9th in st jean. see you guys around.

PS thanks to everyone that helped me on this sight. greatly appreciated :warstory:

I got the call today that January 9th bmq in Borden has been cancelled, I"m now scheduled for the reg force training January 16 - March 31, 2006 in Borden. Anyone hear about this?

I bet he's at basic now, and failing miserably at it. Boohoo  :crybaby:

alexpb said:
dont come, youll fail.

k bye.

Comming from a   private with 5 days of BMQ experience, i'm sure everyone realizes that it does not mean much     ::)

AoD71 said:
I bet he's at basic now, and failing miserably at it. Boohoo   :crybaby:

You are probably right (his profile says he started basic November 21st !!)

NavComm said:
I got the call today that January 9th bmq in Borden has been cancelled, I"m now scheduled for the reg force training January 16 - March 31, 2006 in Borden. Anyone hear about this?

I'm supposed to be on the Jan 9th one. Still haven't heard of a change / cancellation  ???

It's what I got told through my COC. I'm now going January 16. Of course, I've been told all along that until the final message comes from back east, nothing is written in stone.

alexp what is your problem?

Got the call a week back and all my information detailing training in Borden.  Getting sworn in 13th of December and then off to Borden on the 7th of January.  Can't wait to go now, good luck to all who are also going.

*First Post*

NavComm said:

I was supposed to go Jan 9 for reserve baisc but Friday I was told that it was canceled and they'd try to get me into the Jan 16 reg force basic.

I just got off the phone with CFRC Toronto regarding the January Basic in Borden.

Course Serial 0255 is still on January 9th. (Mine)

Course Serial 0256 will be on January 16th.

Congrats and Good Luck to all going.

By the way, does anyone know if there is reliable bus service from Borden to Toronto for when/IF we get any leave.

dk said:
I just got off the phone with CFRC Toronto regarding the January Basic in Borden.

Course Serial 0255 is still on January 9th. (Mine)

Course Serial 0256 will be on January 16th.

Congrats and Good Luck to all going.

By the way, does anyone know if there is reliable bus service from Borden to Toronto for when/IF we get any leave.

That's interesting, maybe it got full and my unit decided to just send me to the 16th? Either way, good luck to all going, as far as I know, I'm heading for the Jan. 16th course.

I live in Cobourg, which is about an hour east of Toronto.  A Cpl that I was talking to stated that if needed they could fly me to Borden  :D

Back