• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JBoyd - A Recruiting Story

Thanks for the advice guys, definitely will start packing up now, good thing the requirement list is available on-line :)

On a side note, while I was in cadets many moons ago I purchased an olive canvas top load duffle bag, would it be unwarrented to use it to pack everything in?

JBoyd said:
Thanks for the advice guys, definitely will start packing up now, good thing the requirement list is available on-line :)

On a side note, while I was in cadets many moons ago I purchased an olive canvas top load duffle bag, would it be unwarrented to use it to pack everything in?

As my recruiter told me today there is not much for January BMQ spots open. He said they are booking for early febuary now.

I have an old olive toap load duffle bag as well...things are great for camping and fishing trips.

Yeah, It is a very useful peice of luggage, just wondering if it would be to, I don't know, over the top? my wife seems to think it would be tacky to use that to bring everything to BMQ

JBoyd said:
Yeah, It is a very useful peice of luggage, just wondering if it would be to, I don't know, over the top? my wife seems to think it would be tacky to use that to bring everything to BMQ

Bring it in a cardboard box if you want.....you're going to stow the luggage and not see it for 13 weeks. You'll be issued with one or two CF issue duffel bags and a barrack box at BMQ.

just an update. called my file manager today, going to refax the medforms today as it looks like they were never recieved the first time. But I was told that this is the last step, once they are approved by the medtechs when they get back next week from their trip then my application should be merit listed.

Update

Med file came back fit, MCC said that my file will be sent off to be merit listed, so now it is just a matter of time to receive an offer.

To all those who are watching this thread..

My journey is complete, Today at 3pm PST I recieved the call. BMQ starts 4th of Feb.

Congratulations, on pushing your self through in the years, looks like you came out strong.  Wish a fellow Okanaganer, the best of luck with pressuring the dream.  Keep us updated.

Will do Seth, did you grow up around this area?

I leave in 4 days and starting to sink in, nervousness is sinking in, but everyone has assured me that this feeling is normal so I am not stressing out :).

Yeah, I grew up in Okanagan falls. Recently moved out to New Brunswick, Moncton. In three hours I have a flight out to kelowna to visit family, and friends. Once I am done In the Okanagan after Two weeks  I will fly back to Moncton and officially start on my path to become a solider, Infantry. 

Nervousness, is a great feeling. You can use it to motivate one self. 

Back