• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Job offer before PT test??

DarthScott

Inactive
Reaction score
I just called the recurting office yesterday  as it's been 8 weeks since my medicall went up to Borden. They said every thing has come back fine however I'm now not being considered for selection till Nov. or Jan. Thing is I have not done my PT test. The Sgt. @ recruiting said I will be up for selections, then when I get a job  offer I will do my PT test. I was under the imprecision that it had to be done before I was offered a job. Any one else in this situation , or been offered a conditional job offer as long as you passed the PT test?

PS.
I guess I have another question, my first choice was for ACSTEC, and my second choice was  Combat Engineer. I really would like to get my first choice as I'm really into aircraft (I have my commercial pilot licence), but that is not going into selection till Jan. and Combat engineer up again in Nov. So I would like some advice on weather or not to take the Enginner offer if I get it or wait and see if I get ACSTEC?

Thanks,
Scott
Kingston Ont.

The PT test needs to renewed every six months I believe, so the may want to make sure you receive and accept the offer before having you do the test.

Your job offer if given to you prior to completion of the PT test will be contingent on your passing the PT test.

Well not more then 10 mins after i posted this they called me!! Said " we probably have something for you, just get you PT test done ASAP" (Combat Enginner, for mid Nov.)
So I just did it  30 mins ago. Passed everything fine, gonna call recruithing tomorrow.
I guess I'll just ask them about turning down my offer in hopes to get my first choice in Jan. Please feel free to let me know what you all think? Get in now maybe try and re muster or just sit and wait????

Back