• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Join the SkyHawks for the 2008 season

SkyHawks

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day everyone.

I am Captain Angelo Manzara. I will be leading the Canadian Forces Parachute Team for the 2008 season.

Who are the SkyHawks? We are a world class para demo team who travel throughout Canada and the US. Last season we put on shows at all the major airshows in over 60 cities.

Who can be a SkyHawk? Any military member reg force or reserve who holds a Military Freefall Course or Civilian Class A certificate and your CO's approval. We have a few other criteria such as needing to be Basic Para qualified but don't worry if you don't have it the SkyHawks will get you on the course ahead of everyone else.

Training camp begins in March 2008 in Perris Valley California. Come on make the jump! For more info go to www.army.gc.ca and click on the SkyHawks crest or contact my Administration Officer Capt J. Fancy at 613-392-2811 ext 7660.

Too bad my MOC doesn't permit it.  I would do it in a heartbeat!

Well, if he offered a sniper course also, we could rid ourselves of the secret sniper, ninja, parachutist, etc's from here.  ;D

I can't imagine anyone with red blood flowing through them not considering this, if only whimsically.....

Every trade can apply. Don't let your chain of command tell you you can't. If you are having problems let us know via skyhawks@dnd.ca.

The Pilot MOC doesn't traditionnaly let people go into Skyhawks, especially while still in training, as it's a good way to get injured.  I would probably not do it eighter for that reason.  Any other MOC, I would do it in a hearbeat.

Max

I am currently an AES Op and love to fly. Sadly I have never taken the time to get my jump wings. If the SkyHawks ever offer a program that would offer/provide interested/desirable applicants a way to get the required qualifications in a timely fashion I would 'jump' at the opportunity. Getting a second set of wings and working with such a well respected element of the CF would most definitely be a career highlight!

Kevin P..
No problem getting qualified to join the SkyHawks..
Just go to a civilian DZ, throw lots of money at them, spend every weekend for about two summers at the DZ. Get your better half really upset with you for doing so and then write your "A CoP' exam with the CSPA. Then apply for the SkyHawks.

The unfortunate thing is when you go the civilian route it can be somewhat pricey. Guys who are lucky enough to get the CF to pay the whole thing don't realize how bloody expensive all those courses are.

Good luck to all who try out.

Wish I was about 20 years younger.

Doog

Kevin Pascal said:
I am currently an AES Op and love to fly. Sadly I have never taken the time to get my jump wings. If the SkyHawks ever offer a program that would offer/provide interested/desirable applicants a way to get the required qualifications in a timely fashion I would 'jump' at the opportunity. Getting a second set of wings and working with such a well respected element of the CF would most definitely be a career highlight!

We have a few other criteria such as needing to be Basic Para qualified but don't worry if you don't have it the SkyHawks will get you on the course ahead of everyone else.

Reading is not one of the requirements.

kincanucks said:
We have a few other criteria such as needing to be Basic Para qualified but don't worry if you don't have it the SkyHawks will get you on the course ahead of everyone else.

Reading is not one of the requirements.

kincanucks, thank you for taking the time to write your helpful reply but I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. From a post above I read the following:

SkyHawks said:
Who can be a SkyHawk? Any military member reg force or reserve who holds a Military Freefall Course or Civilian Class A certificate and your CO's approval. We have a few other criteria such as needing to be Basic Para qualified but don't worry if you don't have it the SkyHawks will get you on the course ahead of everyone else.

The way I read that paragraph it says I need a Military Freefall Course or Civilian Class A certificate and your CO's approval and the goes on to say that there are OTHER criteria as well. So, I fully understand that the CF will give me a para course.. but more is required.

Again, thank you for your constructive criticism. Maybe reading comprehension isn't important in your current trade.. but it is in mine. ;) 

Back