• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joint Task Force 2 (JTF 2) - Canadian Special Forces

Welcome to Army.ca, rogersd902

Firstly, there are several "JTF"s. Yes, we know that you mean "JTF 2", but please use their full designation.

You just registered. Take some time and look around the Site. I spend very little time in this particular Forum, but I'll wager that at least some of the information that you seek is likely already here, along with a lot of other stuff that should interest you.

I have poked around a bit....that is where I have found some info...including the fitness program.  But not the ones to the questions I asked.  When I said I am new here...I kinda meant I am a newly signed up member, not that I have never been on the forum before reading posts etc, sorry if there was confusion.

Yes...JTF2....sorry I neglected to include the numerical portion of the acronym.

Demographics of unit members are likely not open source. As with any physically demanding occupation, the concern is not that you can meet the requirements when you're older, it's how long before the body starts to break down. Those fitness plans are also the minimal standard, your average assaulter likely blows those standards out of the water.

rogersd902 said:
what is roughly the average age of ENTRY into the unit?

Might not say the average age on entry, but this may help,

Average age JTF2
https://www.google.ca/search?q=average+age+jtf2&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=Zx_7Vo36DsGC8Qei6q_gBA&gws_rd=ssl

See also,
https://www.google.ca/search?q=average+age+jtf2&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=Zx_7Vo36DsGC8Qei6q_gBA&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca+average+age+JTF2

Thanks for the reply.  I have read that article in the past...which kind of led me to my further questions. 
I am assuming due to the extreme physical/mental toll of the unit the average time of service in the unit would be 2-5 years(unless you go into being a trainer or something).  But due to the amount of money and time the CF's spends on you to get you to that point they expect more than a year or two of service.

PS...is it just me or are these verification letters GD hard to read!?  lmao

Loachman said:
Welcome to Army.ca, rogersd902

Firstly, there are several "JTF"s. Yes, we know that you mean "JTF 2", but please use their full designation.

You just registered. Take some time and look around the Site. I spend very little time in this particular Forum, but I'll wager that at least some of the information that you seek is likely already here, along with a lot of other stuff that should interest you.

Why are you being so pedantic? What other units relevant to the CF are refered to as JTF? You're just picking fly shit out of pepper. Fuck off!

JTF P, JTF W, JTF C, FOI E, JTF A, JTF X, etc...

X_para76 said:
Why are you being so pedantic? What other units relevant to the CF are refered to as JTF? You're just picking fly shit out of pepper. Fuck off!

Perhaps you need to adjust your attitude.  You have been attracted attention in the past for it.

X_para76 said:
Why are you being so pedantic? What other units relevant to the CF are refered to as JTF? You're just picking fly crap out of pepper. frig off!

To be honest...I thought the same thing, that it was an odd point to make, I just didnt say it.  I thought that given the discussion thread it was posted on I didnt have to spell it out.  If everyone knows what I mean...why do I have to type the "2".  Its like saying we all know you mean Canadian Forces when you type CF...but please type CAF so we know you mean the Canadian Forces of the Armed variety.  We're not typing legally documents here.

While I respect the forum...Im not gonna lie...I will probably continue in the future to refer to it as JTF...sans le deux, with no disrespect intended.

rogersd902 said:
While I respect the forum...Im not gonna lie...I will probably continue in the future to refer to it as JTF...sans le deux, with no disrespect intended.

Entirely your choice.  Most folks who refer to the entire organization in their official capacities use the entire 'JTF2.'  If unofficial, most people don't go 'almost pregnant' with 'JTF', they just use one of the more common nick names.

Fire away, though.

Regards
G2G

"Attention to detail" is a term that one will hear frequently in military circles, as it is important. It is a sign of professionalism. Lack of attention to detail can lead to varying degrees of failure, therefore attention to detail is expected and actively encouraged, and its lack seldom excused - one exception being X_para76. I have seen the results of inattention to detail many times, and strive not to add further examples.

The unit's title is "Joint Task Force 2". The proper abbreviation is "JTF 2". As has been pointed out, there are several JTFs, not all of which were listed. Some are permanent, and some have been temporary.

You can be right, or you can be wrong. That's your choice. I also think that JTF 2 deserves to be known by its full and proper name, either the full or abbreviated version. That is simple respect.

How would you like it if people misspelled or mispronounced your name, said that getting it right did not matter, and vowed to continue doing the same thing?

"CF" was the standard abbreviation for "Canadian Forces" and "Canadian Armed Forces", both of which titles are used in the National Defence Act. It still forms the basis for other abbreviations, such as "CFB" and "CF(Insert School Here)". "CAF" was not used until the Harper government began its silly and expensive rebranding programme.

Good2Golf said:
Entirely your choice.  Most folks who refer to the entire organization in their official capacities use the entire 'JTF2.'  If unofficial, most people don't go 'almost pregnant' with 'JTF', they just use one of the more common nick names.

Fire away, though.

Regards
G2G

I'd like to see him properly distinguish between the two orbatted units prefaced by "JTF" - that of JTF2 and JTFX.  Both are unique UICs with unique screening requirements, unique roles and their own personnel.  They aren't the same and as both are "screened" (not "regular" Units that just anyone can be posted to), people are going to have to get used to being specific me thinks.

ArmyVern said:
I'd like to see him properly distinguish between the two orbatted units prefaced by "JTF" - that of JTF2 and JTFX.  Both are unique UICs with unique screening requirements, unique roles and their own personnel.  They aren't the same and as both are "screened" (not "regular" Units that just anyone can be posted to), people are going to have to get used to being specific me thinks.

ArmyVern, there you go with those super-secret acronyms again...UIC....is that some Ultra Immediate-action Capability team that jumps into action when people are exercising lax acronym discipline?

Good2Golf said:
ArmyVern, there you go with those super-secret acronyms again...UIC....is that some Ultra Immediate-action Capability team that jumps into action when people are exercising lax acronym discipline?

What is UIC?
http://army.ca/forums/threads/23308.0;nowap

mariomike said:
What is UIC?
http://army.ca/forums/threads/23308.0;nowap

Welcome to the party.

"UIC" is an acronym that should be easily understood by any serving or former members of the Canadian Armed Forces.  On 99% of all official paperwork any member would have to fill out, their UIC is a mandatory block and they should all be very well aware which UIC is theirs.  If they are unsure, they will find it on their posting messages, course messages etc etc etc for it is their Unit Identification Code.

It is a four digit code that identifies the Unit to whom they belong.  "9999" etc etc

Nice RSMs usually give troops 30 days grace upon posting in to memorize their UIC during which time it is allowable to say, "WTF is our UIC!!??" when filling out the reams of paperwork upon in clearance at Unit or course, PT Testing, when Clothing Stores asks for it to verify your entitlement to something etc etc.  Basic shit in the military.

Thank-you, ArmyVern. I've been out for a while, so I'm not up to date, or have forgotten, some of the acronyms. Had to look that one up!  :)

Back