• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JTF2 Officers

Rayman452

Inactive
Reaction score
Just a quick, curious question.  I did search mods, but if I missed where I was supposed to search, could you kindly point me in the right direction?

As I have read off this site and the official recruiting site, officers in the Canadian army lead and work with NCMs in the forces.  As well, they spend a vast amount of time doing other logistical aspects, such as the paperwork et all.
My question is, in JTF 2, do these officers continue to have a "80% paperwork 20% field work" ratio, or do they balance out to a more 50:50 to spend more time in the field with their team?

The simple answer is; it depends on they position they hold in the unit.

Here is the recruiting booklet.

http://www.jtf2.forces.gc.ca/rec/docs/brochure-eng.pdf

A SOA Officer will be a troop commander when he arrives to the unit after completion of SOAC.  After that, its up to the CO on how he wants to employ you - the JTF2 is a unit, and like any other CF unit, it has Admin and Staffing requirements that are filled by Officers.  Comes with the whole "managers of violence" thing.

Back