• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jump Coy???

Pte Snow

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi. this is a pretty simple question.  IM in DP1 right now, and I am going 3 RCR. I was told by my instructors that when we got to Petawawa, we would take the jump course. Now heres my question.  Will that mean I will be going into the Jump Company, or can all Companies in 3 RCR take the Jum Course?

It does not matter if you are jump qualified, you may be employed in any of the rifle companies in 3 RCR. There are a lot of jump qualified troops in 3 RCR, obviously that does not mean they are all in para positions.

Obviously M Coy (Para Coy) has the majority, also Recce and DFS platoon, and we medics have para posns which go when M Coy has an exercise.

Regardless of which company you are in, if there are jumps, they will get you out if you are fit.

Okay, great.  That really help a lot. Thanks for clarifying.
What is it like on base at Petawawa anyways? How's the town? Women? What would be good to know before I make my way into battalion?

LOL... I just wanted to know what the place is like in general..

Petawawa in all its splendour         http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/40540.0.html

SEARCH and you will find......

couple of days late I know, but I thought I'd throw it in there.
well we're undermanned with troops now going to that super secret unit that I can not name for fear of being publicly excuted.
so you may actually have a good chance of making an appearance over in Mike (Para) Coy, maybe not right off the bat, but after a couple of months in the battalion.
Greg

Back