• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kicking the habit

I think I've kicked it,
It's been ages now.

Swimming at the pool was the biggest motivator.
At one point it was running, I would run and feel illish after a while (quite a decent pace but the recovery time was absolutely awful)

Now when you're running, you can just kind stop and walk.

If you're swimming, you drown.

I think it's brilliant,
The "Che" quit smoking method, throw them in a deep pool and make them swim once a day for a week.

QUIT EVERYONE IT'S BAD FOR YOU!!! (I know it is not that easy but I wish everyone luck  :salute:)

A note on Zyban -- it is an anti-depressant.  It will make you jumpy and freaky and it has been known to cause serious withdrawals in women.  As for the CF recognizing it, if you are in any trade that requires a high level of medical health (aircrew or diver for example) you will be grounded.

Good luck to you all!  :salute:

call your health manager on your base and get a butt-out course, they offer those on every base, i'm on one right now and it's help me to quit because u can talk about yours difficulty and received tricks form other person who are in the same boat as you. You also receive every weeks tricks and helps from the instructors who are most of the time ex-smoker who went trough everything ur going trough.

i smoked for 8 years tried quiting at least 5-6 time on my own or with the course, cold turkey or with meds but this time i'm doing it with the patch and it's been 10 days now and i only got 3 craving in 10 days and maybe 3-4 time surprising myself thinking: hey a good smoke can be great. but everytime i change my mind and saying to myself: NO it's no good for me at all.

Everybody as their own way to do it but talking about and support each other is a very good tools to help.

And don't forget that if you start again it's ok because the next time you will try to stop you will know more than the last time you tried.

Quit smoking is tough and it's with perseverance, will, support and time that i know i will be able to do it

if anyone want tot alk about it just do PM to me and it will be my pleasure to chat with you.

Strike said:
A note on Zyban -- it is an anti-depressant.   It will make you jumpy and freaky and it has been known to cause serious withdrawals in women.   As for the CF recognizing it, if you are in any trade that requires a high level of medical health (aircrew or diver for example) you will be grounded.

Good luck to you all!   :salute:

It works the other way for me. I'm tired all the time. Other than that it has not made me jumpy or freaky.

For me, I had to stop drinking as well.  I was a pack a day for 8 years (god bless JPS) and quit cold turkey.  I also stopped drinking for a month or so...  Associated behaviours, and all that.  Started up again for some stupid reason (drank to much, had a few smokes at the pub with the "oh, just one won't make me start again" mentality us ex-smokers get when we drink) and have to go through the process.  I do like Che's idea, though.  I'm stunned with the no-drinking/no-smoking how fast my 2.4 and 5 k times dropped.  Now, if I only knew how to swim...  Perhaps whenever I do smoke, I should throw myself in the deep end, eh Che?  Drowning would definitely reduce my nic fits...  ;)

T

http://www.sickofsmoke.com

click on Perspective on the top toolbar...and when the page loads, click on the very first thumbnail (it will show a picture of a man w/ a cigarette in his mouth, and a womans face beside his).... click on the thumbnail once again... and a new picture will load.

now tell me if that SECOND picture doesnt make you want to quit....

Back