• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

King Charles III

I just think how many CV-90's, or M109A7's you could get with that ;)
Nah - it would all go into adding more communications and gender expert contracts for the PMO.

if you are using the figures from the Monarchist League of Canada
I had to. I searched all over for an official Government of Canada report but finally gave it up.

😁

But you also have a PM.
I’m solely pointing out that one could save money (over time) by abandoning the Monarchy.
I would disagree. I bet it would be more. The PM and/president would be even more expensive. They would spend even more. The US imperial president is way too expensive. The office of the President spends way too much. Everything is way overdone.

That wouldn’t change anything. You have a president, a house leader (34 million office budget btw). A senate leader, a Vice President and a First Lady.

We still get a better deal money wise.
I’m not saying do it as badly as we do.

I’m not saying do it as badly as we do.

So! A French-type of president? With a parade?

urn-publicid-ap-org-cee4d1490e946b51d6443be46ae1870aFrance_Bastille_Day_80711.jpg

😁

I am sure any changes to bling will be gradual. When the Crown and Cipher were changed when Elizabeth II was crowned, did all the bling change overnight? I am guessing not.

The only reason there is a separate cipher for Scotland is because there is an actual physical Crown of Scotland dating back to the Stuarts, the Scottish kings that became English kings as well.

If we (Canada) want our own crown, we’ll have to make one. Knowing Canada, it will be an insanely expensive atrocity of mediocrity designed by a committee with representatives of each province, language, ethnicity, and gender.

I view the monarchy like an antique given to me by my grandparents that sits in a corner of my den.

It doesn't really do anything but it isn't really offensive. It doesn't match the decor in my house but it does remind me of my grandparents. I would throw it out but the effort to do that seems too much. And then what would I put in that corner over there?

I am sure any changes to bling will be gradual. When the Crown and Cipher were changed when Elizabeth II was crowned, did all the bling change overnight? I am guessing not.

The only reason there is a separate cipher for Scotland is because there is an actual physical Crown of Scotland dating back to the Stuarts, the Scottish kings that became English kings as well.

If we (Canada) want our own crown, we’ll have to make one. Knowing Canada, it will be an insanely expensive atrocity of mediocrity designed by a committee with representatives of each province, language, ethnicity, and gender.
There would be no need for an actual physical crown. The Tudor Crown has only existed as a heraldic construct since Cromwell destroyed the original. There already exists several Canadian heraldic crowns. The snowflake diadem has been used in stained glass window in the senate and I believe some medallions, as shown below. produced by the RMC. 1664450361662.pngThe arms of the tax court of Canada use a different snow flake diadem, to represent the authority of the crown. The path of least resistance would be to add arches shaped like the Saint Edwards crown to the snowflake diadem. The rendering on capbadges and patches of the updated crown would be nearly indistinguishable from the old one, so stocks could be updated as they wore out.

Attachments

• 1664450305348.png
    1664450305348.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
When the switch from King George VI to Queen Elizabeth II happened in 1952 the PPCLI's cap badge did not change till 1956, so as you said not right away.

When the switch from King George VI to Queen Elizabeth II happened in 1952 the PPCLI's cap badge did not change till 1956, so as you said not right away.
Artillery did not change until 1960, if the heritage section of the RCA website is accurate.

It will take time for all the new cap badges to be approved, we will probably see different units change at different times. My guess would be that the Guards units will likely be some of the first to change. The ranks will probably change over much faster.

But there doesn't need to be a change over. We don't have to do things just because the Brits do it. Officially the monarchy in Canada is the Canadian Monarchy, not the British Monarchy. We can keep St. Edward's crown or make up our own if we wish. Technically, we could ask any monarch in Europe (they're all related) to be our figurehead monarch if we wanted to. We'd still be a Commonwealth Realm as long as we recognize King Chuck as the "Head of the Commonwealth".
Not that I'm advocating for any of that (changing the monarch). I think that we should just stick with the current crown design because it looks better and will save money that could be better spent elsewhere.

. . . Technically, we could ask any monarch in Europe (they're all related) to be our figurehead monarch if we wanted to. We'd still be a Commonwealth Realm as long as we recognize King Chuck as the "Head of the Commonwealth". . . .

Have you read our constitution (even the unwritten bits)? Have you read the charter of the Commonwealth of Nations, or any of its declarations, especially the London Declaration of 1949, or the CHOGM 2018 Leaders' Statement that the next Head (a non-hereditary position) would be Charles. The selection of our Head of State has nothing to do with being a member of the Commonwealth, nor does membership of the Commonwealth have anything (not anymore) to do with former connection to the British Empire. All of the Commonwealth realms (15 out of 56 member states - 52 of which were part of the former British Empire) have the same Head of State (Charles III) because their several constitutions (both written and unwritten) "technically" and separately so designate him.

Yes, I understand all that, you just took what I wrote the wrong way. My point was that as a sovereign nation we can change who is the official head of state without getting rid of the constitutional monarch system - choosing a different monarch if we so wish. Yes, it would have to be done according to our constitution, but it could be done. Not advocating that we should, just saying it's an option if people start whining that they don't want King Chuck and think that the only option is becoming a republic. We can use whatever symbols we decide to use to represent the Canadian Monarchy, we don't need to readopt the Tutor crown if we don't wish to. We could keep the same crown we use now or design a distinctly Canadian one. Yes, all changes would have to be officially and legally done, but that should go without saying.

The GG's office and functions costs Canadians just under $60 million a year or around $1.55 per head.
And the GG’s office includes a number of capabilities that would still need to be performed in a Republic — most notably heraldry and honours. Republics still need badges and medals.

Charles is "leftist" 👑

King Charles: New coins featuring monarch's portrait unveiled​

New coins featuring the portrait of King Charles have been revealed, with a 50p carrying his image entering general circulation within weeks.
BBC News was given a first glimpse of the 50p and a commemorative £5 Crown which include an image of the King by British sculptor Martin Jennings.
The coins follow centuries of tradition with the monarch now facing left - the opposite way to his predecessor.
As with previous British kings, and unlike the Queen, he wears no crown.

Back