• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

KIT COLLECTORS

On average, how much $ do you spend on purchased non-issue kit per year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SHELLDRAKE!!

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering how many out there are willing to pay out of pocket for the gucci stuff.

Mostly CP gear items, but some stuff off ebay also.

With all the new kit being issued is buying "gucci kit" needed anymore?  Or is it a way of looking different in an otherwise identical sea of green?

matty101 said:
With all the new kit being issued is buying "gucci kit" needed anymore?   Or is it a way of looking different in an otherwise identical sea of green?

The way I see it a good soldier is always looking to improve his ability to do his job if that entails gucci kit then why not, it helps him and his team mates.

However, its always good to clear it with someone before going to that expense and then not being able to use it.

Im picking up a a patrol pack and hydration system before I go on milcon this year.  I have to be careful though.  My regiment can be really anal when it comes to bringing your own kit.

Normally if they can't see it they won't make an issue our to it.  Remember all the new kit is made for a wide spectrum and by the lowest bidder.

its not so much as buying the gucci kit, as it is getting stuff the CF doesnt really have or things that add comfort to the field, like mesage pad covers, knife sheaths, stealth suits, gloves, etc...

I guess us CIC types would spend a bit more than others  ;)

cheers

PV

Most guys I know do buy extra kit each year.  Quite often, it's extra of kit they already have, but also better kit than what they have.  My unit had a big toque controversy a year or 2 ago.  Our Regimental kit shop brought in a bunch of green fleece toques that sold like hotcakes.  They were alot thinner and warmer than the big old green wooly monsters we had.  But then we were told we couldn't wear them as they were not CF issued clothing.  Then a compromise was reached and the troops were told they could wear them in the field, but not in garrison.  Nowadays, everybody wears them in the field and out.  I usually spend between $50-$200 each year myself.

my unit operates gucci kit as in the field anything goes, in garrison, it cant stand out. i personally have spent hundreds of dolllers on gucci kit. ive bought CP's hydration system( $140), stealth suit($290)neoprene gloves($40) CPs fleece sleeping bag liner($60) FMP($30) and the list goes on. i dont mind buying extra kit because it makes my life that much easier in the field. to me personally, if im warm and dry and well hydrated and i see buddy whos cold, wet and uncomfortable its proven that my money was well spent. im not above gucci kit, ill buy anything if it makes those field excersises that much more comfortable, because all serving members here know how its a total bitch to be caught in a rainstorm and be cold and wet and uncomfortable. to me its worth spending the money because i have the disposable income, to others it may not be worth it.

Talking about cpgear... i bought their patrolling sling without being sure it would fit a C7A1....  well does it?

Da_Man, on the CP site doesn't it show the sling on a C8/M4? Might have been something to check out before you bought it.

Back