• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kit Question

The Librarian said:
Months? Maybe on some bases??? It's 3 weeks for us. Why? Because IAW federal law that says we must use the National Contract, there is a minimum order required. Perhaps small units take a little longer then as they have less people ordering nametapes?

I dunno. Just a thought. But if people are waiting any longer than 30 days (that's the contracted delivery time) at a large Unit...somethings wrong at Clothing Stores...and that can be fixed.

Halifax is pretty big by CF standards I think...I ordered some name tapes (CADPAT) in...June 2006.  When I put my CT in, knowing I was doing a DEU change.  Pretty straight forward way, enter you name, Serv #, and style/environment (ie CADPAT, Air Force) and Local into the book.

Nadda.  Zip.  Zilch so far.

When my CT comes thru, I will end up ordering them thru CP Gear, 'cause I don't want to be the numpty improperly dressed when I clear in to my new unit.

Oddly enough, my name tags for DEUs showed up at FLog Clothing stores in August.

Mud Recce Man said:
Halifax is pretty big by CF standards I think...I ordered some name tapes (CADPAT) in...June 2006.  When I put my CT in, knowing I was doing a DEU change.  Pretty straight forward way, enter you name, Serv #, and style/environment (ie CADPAT, Air Force) and Local into the book.

Of course not.  You are Land.  That is what is in the System and on your Clothing Records.  You can not order Air Force nametags.

Mud Recce Man said:

When my CT comes thru, I will end up ordering them thru CP Gear, 'cause I don't want to be the numpty improperly dressed when I clear in to my new unit.

Oddly enough, my name tags for DEUs showed up at FLog Clothing stores in August.

And therefore I highly suggest to you that this is a Clothing Stores problem that can be corrected...not a contractor one.

Here's a BIG suggestion for all the Sup Techs out there on how to fix problems with deliveries, if they happen to be the fault of the contractor:

Overdue? Send an e-mail (yes it needs to be in writing) to your Base's Procurement Officer (usually the Cust Svcs O). The ProcO, who is the local link up with Public Works (PWGSC) forwards the e-mail to PWGSC. PWGSC grants permission to go out-side of contract.

ie:

Sir,
Company XXXX, Contract #: W8476-XXXXXX/002/PR, has failed to meet required delivery dates IAW it's contractural obligation. Order # XXXX was placed on 15 Dec 06 with an RDD of the max 30 days. As of 15 Jan 07, delivery has not been made. I therefore request approval to purchase the necessary items outside of Fenderal Contract due to the non-compliance of the contracted company. Please advise ASAP.

ProcO forwards to Regional PWGSC, who responds in writing; he sends it back to me. One can now go to CPGear, or wherever to buy what they need. Legally and on-time.

I've done it.

George Wallace said:
Of course not.  You are Land.  That is what is in the System and on your Clothing Records.  You can not order Air Force nametags.

Thats not what they told me at Base Clothing Halifax...and...they already gave me my DEU Air Force ones.  I am serious, all I had to do was put my name on a list of paper...they just order whats there.

I asked the Cpl at the counter and he said "we aren't so worried that people are goin' to actually abuse this and collect name tags type of thing..."

How it happened?  I had applied for my CT...thought I would stop by to see how long it would take once I CTd to the AF name tapes.  Cpl Bloggin told me to order them now, that way I will have them when I switch.

So I ordered CADPAT and DEU.  August, they called me at work and told me my DEU tags were there for pickup...

The Librarian said:
And therefore I highly suggest to you that this is a Clothing Stores problem that can be corrected...not a contractor one.

Roger that.  I called or dropped in once or twice a month before haulin' myself up here to St-Cold-Jean.  They always told me "no Sarge, we ordered them, they didn't show up this time" type thing. 

On my list for this week?  "Call FLog ref name tags".

If they do show up, Jane and Joe Taxpayer have already paid for them, I will take em and just get them on my way thru to clear in.

If not...I will be ordering them via CP Gear.  I did that for HLs, they had them delivered to here in St-Jean on a Thursday, I believe.  I had placed the order Monday of that week.  She was happy, and thinks it was well worth the $$$$.  If she hadn't off, she would be "nameless" here in St-Jean (which..is not always a BAD thing up here). 

;D

I had hoped that this would be quite an interesting thread - Shamrock now knows he can get more Chewbacca nametags if he has a friend go to Halifax Clothing stores.  I am sure there is other worthwhile info but I keep getting distracted by all of CP Gear advertisements.  Does this thread have a sponsor or am I missing other important issues here?  

Mud Recce Man said:
Roger that.  I called or dropped in once or twice a month before haulin' myself up here to St-Cold-Jean.  They always told me "no Sarge, we ordered them, they didn't show up this time" type thing. 

Here's a suggestion for them then, if that is the case:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/54330/post-512339.html#msg512339

And then guess what? Next time contracts are due to be awarded PWGSC has an actual record of those which consistantly fail to meet their obligations and delivery dates. Funny how that works.

The Librarian said:
Here's a suggestion for them then, if that is the case:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/54330/post-512339.html#msg512339

And then guess what? Next time contracts are due to be awarded PWGSC has an actual record of those which consistantly fail to meet their obligations and delivery dates. Funny how that works.

+1.  I will have the memorized on the drive home when I get my posting msg.

Can I tell them "The Librarian sent me"?

;D

What I did assume out of the whole thing was...the CADPAT stuff and DEU stuff is NOT done by the same company.

There is another factor that is being overlooked:

You have ordered your Name Tags; they have come in; and someone else with the same name has picked them up.

I know that in Clothing Stores in 101 (Ottawa) they are stuck on the wall, and if you see your name, you can take them.  Whether that is the method they use to distribute them, or that they are extras that people have failed to pick up over an extended period of time, is another question. 

In some cases, the delay is attributed to the 'chain' of events.  You order your Name Tags in your Section/Troop/Platoon/etc. and all the names a compiled and sent to the OR, where they are again compiled and sent to the ROR, where they are compiled once again before going to the RQ, who sends the list the Base, who then compile a list for the Base.  It may take several weeks before the name is submitted to a contractor.  Then the process has to be reversed for dispersing the name tags and yours may land up in another Unit.  :'(

DEU plastic Name Tags shouldn't be a problem, as they are usually Local Purchase, are they not?  If not, most Kit Shops can run them off 'on the spot' if they are feeling nice that day.  In Petawawa, a quick trip to Petawawa Trophy will do the job. 

Dunno about all but, in the last 15 some odd years, have never had a problem with things like name tags, ID disks and most other pieces of kit.  Having shuttled between Valcatraz & Montreal (both large bases) that may have contributed to the speedy service BUT, the system is there and it works...

you guys want a proof that the systems work?

LOL I just got a call from the clothing section in Valcartier telling me I have some cadpat names up there...

On silly thing... My papers for te reserve arent signed....LMAO

I find this very amusing....

But I vaguely remember that I had ordered some about over a year ago while I was still cic and had not start my transfer procedure...

yeppers

I ended my CIC contract in september to be on suplemental reserve....(not sure of the term in english) and was on volontary service since then.

George:  "In Petawawa, a quick trip to Petawawa Trophy will do the job."  It will be a really quick trip to Petawawa Trophy because their sign is down and their shop is currently empty.  Perhaps Cirella Trophy would be better if you are in Petawawa.  Petawawa Trophy and Pembroke Trophy are now owned by Goldstream Jewelers are relocating.

According to the lady I spoke with at Goldstream, the two trophy shops required some assistance and by merging under new management, under one roof they will have that.

NL_engineer said:
Vern, its just one of Matt's new marketing ploys  ;D.  Next one will be trying to sell the CP gear Tac Vest  ::).

Actually, it's part of my grand master plan.  ;D  Our current modular tac-vest has been discontinued and will be replaced in the near future by the MoFOCR (Modular Fighting Order Carrier Rig).  Stay tuned to the website and here @ Army.ca in the coming week for details.

I got Bloggins name tags.... most people don't notice.. hehehe

Mud Recce Man said:
I was thinking today...if I can find someone with a sense of humour here to join me, I am going to get SLACK and IDLE nametags made up and go visit our CSM (old school RCR type).  I bumped into an old buddy of mine who would do it (he is RCR too) but they are sending him to learn how to fall out of/jump from planes...

Heh, I had a couple of instructors on my basic pull the SLACK and IDLE...loved it. I heard about a bunch of guys on a 3's course who all got SH*TPUMP

Back