• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leave Policy – Weekends (time off) Merged]

And I never said that you man would or that I think that it is acceptable but I sure have been jumped at from both of you for that.

armyjewelz said:
Shadow? How can you make it through the night thinking it was that real ?   That must haunt you. What your dh must be doing. Tsk tsk

What is this supposed to mean? 

Man you are in for one rude awakening.

Sersiously because you have a strong realtionship with your DH you will get to listen to him talk about what perversions go on during BMQ and the miltary life there after and you will have to deal with the heart ache of knowing that your DH has no friends becuase everyone is out messing around on their spouses and becuase his morals are so high he will sit in a room in the evening and watch movies or video games all by himself. 

People that he never thought possible of messing around are doing it.  It is sad.

Shadow Cat

What are you talking about? I've been smelling the roses a lot longer than you. So please don't tell me to start smelling them now. Now of this is okay. There is no excuse for it. And as for being all secretive about it...no one I know has been kicked out of the military for cheating. And from what I hear about you from the other site...you're a hypocrite. End this now!!!!!

MOD  NOTE
Well now, if you two would put your claws away maybe this topic can get back on topic,.....whatever that was. :boring:

OOps looks like three now....

He won't be the only one with morals... Or are you saying that your husband has no morals?  Or did he go along with everyone else....

Sorry the military does not MAKE cheaters, it just ENCOURAGES the ones that already exist...

Just because my husband doesn't drink or cheat on his wife is my point.. You are SOOOO OWay off topic...

I just want this thread to FOCUS!!

Not all military are scum so get over it.  I am sooo done!

Ok claws are gone...never where really out...but.....  ;) Just have to agree with Jewelz. Her dh certainly won't be alone. People have respect and morals for what they hold true. If you love your spouse...then you don't need to cheat.

I would just like to say that I was meerly trying to enlighten you of the details of things that may come.  Not once did I bring out my "claws".

I honestly feel sorry that both are unable to read and can not understand english and would just like you to know that I will not partake in this BS from both you any longer.  

Hey,maybe we could all kiss and make up, heres my addre....what dear, Oh nothin', just typing....... :-[

.....aaaaand, CUT!!

How do you spend your time during the weekends at BMQ Saint Jean.

Are you allowed to leave base or see your spouse?

Where is good to go around there, do you play sports or workout or do you just relax.?

The CFLRS site has this info.

When candidates have earned a weekend off, and with a leave pass, they can visit spouses & family.

That description is very vague. After about four weeks if your platoon commander says you can leave you can. During that time though what do you do?

This isn't a big issue but someone who has recently went through basic could relate their  experience during BMQ weekends.

Thanks for the link to the BMQ site though it has a lot of other info that will be usefull.

Army answer?  You'll do whatever you're told or you'll get to meet several new and interesting people who wear red hats.  This can vary from working on your kit and quarters, extra class time, extra drill time, etc.  I notice now CFLRS schedule isn't too detailled, but previously, weekends had First Aid courses, WHMIS training, PT, etc.  Sunday morning routine had candidates sleeping until 0700.  Church time is allotted for those who wish it.

Until such a time as you earn the time off, you're not only confined to base, you're access to amenities is limited.  Means you won't be going to the Canex whenever you want or heading to the Mess for a nice relaxing cold one.  You will not be allowed any visitors during this time. 

Civi answer?  You'll do army stuff.

The first 4 weeks you have zero privledges.  I recently graduated from there (March) and can say from personal experience it was far from fun.  You will spend some of your saturdays actually working.  I think its week 3 we got to go to Ottawa to visit the Military War Museum, which was alot of fun actually.  Sundays are pretty laid back.  You basically get ready for your work week, ie inspection the next morning, laundry, cleaning.  The fourth weekend you are there, you are eligible to get the weekend off. This is assuming your platoon commander grants it to you.  If you guys/gals on your platoon are bags of $h*t, enjoy another weekend confined to barracks.  It happens and they usually dont tell you until friday afternoon so dont make plans leading up to the weekend.  It really sucks when you make plans only to find out you are CB'd and have to cancel any plans you have made.  Every weekend after week 4 is like this.  You may get some off, you may not.  It all depends on how your platoon is that week.  If your drill is crap, you arent making your timings, you dont listen to what they are saying, etc, etc, etc,  it will be another long weekend CB'd.  Hope this helps a little.  Good luck and hope you have a platoon that instills alot of teamwork.  Thats very important.

Hi, I was just wondering if we are allowed to leave for the weekend after the 4th week? I live an hour a way and was wondering if i could sleep in my own bed??? i heard there was a curfew!!! i am going as IAP.

thanks!!! :salute:

You are already displaying a poor attitude. Re-arrange your thought processes.

Why do you say that I have a poor attitude?

It is just that I thought we had the weekends off after the 4 weeks and then someone says that there is a curfew of 1am. I just think it is werid that we can leave during the day and then have to be back at 1am... If it is that cool!! I would just like to know so I can inform my husband if I will be back or not.  :)

You may or may not get some weekends off after your 4th week, It all deepends on your platoon's preformance and how your course staff feel's

Don't count on it.

Nikki55 said:
Why do you say that I have a poor attitude?

It is just that I thought we had the weekends off after the 4 weeks and then someone says that there is a curfew of 1am. I just think it is werid that we can leave during the day and then have to be back at 1am... If it is that cool!! I would just like to know so I can inform my husband if I will be back or not.  :)
you shouldn't even be considering "Time off" or anything of the sort. Consider yourself as cut off from the rest of the world for the entirity of your training. Anything else will act to distract at best, to subvert at worst. You're already going to have "Poor-me, I-want-to-quit, this-is-so-hard" moments. You don't need to enforce them before you even get there.

Back