• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leaving this site

S

stellarpanther

As I am about to ask the mods to delete my account, I want to take moment and thank all those who have offered good advice to me over the.    years.  Even to those who are not my fans and are happy I am leaving, I wish you the best as well.  I am starting a new chapter in my life with a posting finally outside of Ottawa and I'm very excited to be doing that.  Unfortunately I have come to realize that debating with some on this site gets me more ticked off than it perhaps should.  I feel it's best to step away from here.  All the best going forward.  Who knows maybe I'll be back in a few years when I'm retired.

stellarpanther said:
As I am about to ask the mods to delete my account, I want to take moment and thank all those who have offered good advice to me over the.    years.  Even to those who are not my fans and are happy I am leaving, I wish you the best as well.  I am starting a new chapter in my life with a posting finally outside of Ottawa and I'm very excited to be doing that.  Unfortunately I have come to realize that debating with some on this site gets me more ticked off than it perhaps should.  I feel it's best to step away from here.  All the best going forward.  Who knows maybe I'll be back in a few years when I'm retired.

I wish you well SP. Happy trails

Stellarpanther sorry to see you go. I haven't always agreed with you or even how you stated your case but have enjoyed reading your opinions. Now I regret not saying so earlier. I found this site has greatly improved in the level of discourse over the last year or so and I'm not sure what you did to get warned/watched. Don't take it too seriously they are just imaginary points after all and we all get riled up every so often but in the end it is just an internet forum for the exchange of ideas/information. By such process may we sharpen our own minds and ideas,hopefully. Cheers and good luck

Don't let the...I wish you all the best in finding a place where your unique outlook fits.  :whistle:

Good luck.

Many times its helpful to look inward to reflect on one's own positives and weaknesses. The more senior you become the less tolerant of other people's views. In the US I found that graduates of the service academies were difficult and less tolerant than say a graduate of OCS or ROTC. But thats just my own view, others might have a different viewpoint.  ;D

Good luck with the new posting, and I hope you find new challenges and experiences that let you thrive. All the best.

So long, and good luck.

Back