• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Left Over Turkey

Ex-Dragoon

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
Ok you stuffed your face for what seems to be mounds upon mounds of turkey but you still have a tons of it left over. What do you do with it besides the typical turkey sandwiches and soup. Like turkey I get sick of that as well. lets here it folks.

Turkey A La King, also turkey stew. If you are really adventerous try battered and deep fried turkey.  :p

Bubble and Squeak,
Basically gets rid of all the leftovers in one go,
Take the stuffing, potatoes, turkey, squash (or whatever gourd you've got) broccoli, veg etc. and just fry it in a pan.
For really good times, take the leftover gravy and pour it all over your serving.

Simple and English.

Hot Turkey Sandwiches.

It's a bit different from a typical turkey and mayonaise sandwich.

You take a slice (or 2) of bread, butter it (it doesn't taste very good mayonaised), then put cold turkey on the slices on a plate. You can put the slices of bread on top of each other, but it really doesn't work that way, so just leave them on the plate with turkey on top of each. Then you pour hot gravy over it all and eat it with a knife and fork.

Pull the turkey into bite size bits and pan fry it in the gravy.  Then mix up a good ole box of KD and mix them together.  Quality ideas from the Projects!

Myself and my dad formed a new tradition...

Screw the Turkey, it gets old. We've substituted it with Tiger Shrimp, both original and torpedo style, bacon wrapped Filet mignon and bacon wrapped scollops, as well as duck and breaded Calamari.

;D

"Quality ideas from the Projects!"

You slay me.

Tom

;D

TCBF said:
You slay me.

Tom

;D

Honest!  You cant believe the crazy stuff I see in peoples pots and pans when you go in their houses.  I guarentee that is served in dozens of homes around this area tomorrow (today?) for lunch.  Usually the same places that use Suny D as mix in a screwdriver.

I do my own take on the hot turkey sandwich.

I shred up the turkey on Christmas night(too have it ready for thenext day). I put the turkey into some gravy and slowly heat it up then strain the excess gravy off of it. I put the meat onto pieces of bread, top it with my cheese of choice(I prefer swiss, but I am also not picky when it comes to cheese), and then broil it.

Eat it open faced with a fork and knife.

I use the carcass for turkey broth and whatever I don't use for soup gets used in other recipes instead of chicken broth.

Here are some there ideas on what to do with all that leftover turkey:
left over turkey recipes

This thread has inspired me to go eat leftover turkey, I thank you.

RossF said:
This thread has inspired me to go eat leftover turkey, I thank you.

I hear ya! Instead of "where's the beef?"........where's the turkey??  ;D

We definitely eat well here at my place.... shrimp and seafood on Christmas Eve.... HUGE turkey dinner on Christmas.... stuffed and breaded veal on Boxing Day  8) 8) :eek: ;D

As for the leftover turkey:

-Some is automatically set aside for turkey soup
-Some of the "wetter" bits, ie non-white meat that doesn't dry up as fast, are put aside for sandwiches
-A bowlful goes to my brother's cat
-The rest goes into a mix, which gets baked in the oven and served on new years eve, and it tastes surprisingly tasty  8)

Back